Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wednesday, July 24: Muggy Hump Day. Harris!!

Well, I got up this morning after a decent night sleep I probably 
could’ve slept another hour at least but I got up and headed to Mike’s. It was another muggy day in the neighborhood and I got the mics and did a little straightening

 out. His physical therapist came in and he was late because they closed Lombard Street due to them installing new, thick electric cable from the power station the street was closed from Broad Street up to 18th or 19th St. 

The next thing I did is I returned an application form from senior housing at 801 Locust St. He had gotten rejected and Mike never turned in a new application so hopefully in a year he’ll be able

 to get this subsidized apartment if we don’t screw it up again.  

I missed the therapy. I got wet because it started raining pretty steadily when 

I was going to my 3 PM session. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris is doing very well. There’s 

a real buzz about her these days which is a welcome relief from the despair that that a lot of 

Democrats were feeling. Today is the Wednesday Yoga day 

so that’s what we’re gonna do. It’s 3:16 PM. I’m sitting on snoop since Mike’s doesn’t have a stoop. I 

believe Linda is still away in the Outer Banks. I got back to Mike’s charged up my phone after 

it was at 1% power and I drank some icy lemonade over straightening up and

 headed out around 4 PM for my visit to Mary’s and then we’re going to

 go to 530 class and then right after the 530 class now the sun is out and we actually have a little bit of breeze and humidity sort of starting to lift at this stage. 

The federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour has been in effect for 15 years now. It’s a way too long. It’s ridiculous that it should be that low. Anyhow, I’m a little less tired than yesterday 
but I feel pretty tired often all day thank God 62-year-old tired. I don’t know what else to say about that. I guess it’s the soggy weather outside, making me feel like mossy 


mildew because my clothes got pretty wet and now they’re dry 

but moist. well, I got to Mary’s around 4:30 PM and I got myself a cold iced 

tea and one of her sisters just called while sitting in the old man chair 

at the Dorchester my favorite chair here it’s very comfortable and I like to 

relax so we’re gonna go to class at Brown little after five and hit the

 530 class. Rob isgoing to teach the Yin class after all, not Mia. Well, I went to the 

class and it was pretty good. Dan taught the class today and I enjoyed 

it. That 15 minutes between classes happened so fast. I barely got a shower in 

but I did. It was a good class really mellow I enjoyed it. I did get rid of 

my shorts because they were, really bad. They were really bad shape. I mean so bad I couldn’t even realize it. I was 

complemented on my practice which was so nice to hear. May 

and I went back to her place and Relaxed and ordered some food. It was getting

 late so I went straight to the Indian place picked up the food and then watch Law and order CN hung out and snuggled, etc. I decided I 

would stay over because it was getting really late and I was pretty tired. It was a good day overall that’s for sure.

No comments: