Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Tuesday, July 16: 2nd Day at LBI! and Millville

Good day today we woke up at the Seahorse Motel in the sun and the glorious,  cool wind that  
 blows through Long Beach Island. We decided to go out to breakfast to a place called dockside in Dockside
diner. It wasn’t

 crowded at all. It was really nice and I really enjoyed the food. They were had quick service and ate some pretty cool T-shirts. I resisted the urged
buy one. Mary got a really nice. 

T-shirt there Then we decided to do the bay village because we’re a cute couple and we tourist so finally did the 
tourist thing which I never gone to Bay Village or I haven’t been there since, I don’t know before I was married at least so that was almost 35 years ago some kind of crazy shit like that anyway enough of my blithering we had a good time and got a T-shirt that was marked up too much and got the money back 

and now we’re gonna go to the north end of the island . It’s now 

2:40 PM🏝️. We decided to turn in our beach badge a little earlier because we’re

 going to the north end of the island and I don’t wanna have to double 

back so that we’re gonna do. we then drove north past surf city Harvey Cedars in Barnegat lighthouse. The lighthouse is closed at 3:10 to 15 minutes so we walked around on the lighthouse 

and took a lot of pictures. We also met a nice couple who retired and 

living for river. Talk to them for about 1520 minutes. We got another

 delicious soft serve Cohn got soft, so it’s 432 or ready to head out. Well, 

we decided we would take a little road trip towards Millville 

New Jersey. It was about an hour and a half ride and we were nice glorious air conditioning on the way. We drove thru Atlantic County in Galloway

 Township. I got a little confused on the way, but never got lost and talked about a different topics and different people and stuff. We arrived at Millville 

around 645 and goddamnit. Is it hot out so much hotter than Long Beach Damn 

good thing we’re on the island. It was hotter than hell. She walked down 

after we looked at the Methodist Church. I used to go to and one 

of the buildings across from Levi near Pine Street is completely 

abandoned and we then decided we go to a pizza place because of that many

 places to choose. The pizza place has the Republican national convention

 on the boob right now and I’m trying to the goddamn thing out because it’s totally unpleasant and I don’t like fascists! We left Millville and we got on route 55 and as you were cruising by Glassboro, 

of course the weather change I could always start at that point. All of a sudden there was lightning in the sky then we got all 55 and went on 42. The heavens opened up and it rained 

like crazy. I mean it was pouring down. When we got on 676 towards the Ben Franklin, the rain eased up. I dropped
off Mary and

 headed back to my place and put in money for the meter and came home. I drank some ice drinks and had a couple of 
yogurts. it was a very eventful weekend. It was really a trip going

 to Millville.  Yes, it is. All the different landmarks places where I walk by every

 day and commute it took one or two hours depending whether was

 the bus or a car. I even took a picture of the church. I went to for a little while 

it was a Methodist Church right down the street from 112 E. Pine. 

to paraphrase the Grateful Dead “with a long strange trip it’s been.“ See you later and happy heat wave 

No comments: