Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday July 15: Going to LBI

I awoke around 8 o’clock at the Dorchester and had breakfast. 

I hung out for a while. I finally got myself going and caught the 21 bus. I’m hoping to catch the trolley at 40th St. since that stupid trolley bliss every year. I was 

very lucky to catch the 21 bus when I did. The bus let me off a little past 40th St. I thought that was weird. Anyhow, I literally saw the 11 trolley as I was sitting 

there 40th and Chestnut and grab it just in the nick of time. Boy was I lucky for sure on that one I didn’t have to stand outside in 

the heat and wait 20 minutes. Anyhow, I got the trolley and the trolley ride went smoothly no necessary delays or traffic jams. I got off at the Darby transportation center and walked 5️⃣ minutes 

to the rental place. It’s just like yesterday at this time starting to get really really hot. It’s now 958. I got the car right away. I just read something in the news that 
popped up as I was about to leave that judge Eileen Cannon dismiss the classified documents case against Trump because it violated the constitution! That is so fucked up. I don’t even know what to think. This is 

so fucked up. I don’t even know what to say. I’m glad I’m going to the beach. The drive back was really ponderous and then just when I was about to get to Mary’s I’m stuck behind a trash 


truck so it’s 10:43 AM anyhow, Mary bought some food and drink for our trip over. It’s an 

hour and 36 minutes to the Long Beach Island. It’s now 11:10 AM. Well, we arrived at the island AOK 

and went straight to the Seahorse around 40th and Long Beach Blvd. they were very friendly

 and polite and room wasn’t quite ready but it would’ve been ready in about 20 minutes but we decided 

we go out. We did however, buy beach badges for the next two days get that out-of-the-way and then

, went to a restaurant called the chicken or the egg which was very good. You got breakfast or brunch or whatever it was pretty good on the way we ran into cyber truck and took a video and 

put it on TikTok about how awful cyber truck is. Have a nice day here supposed be 100 
in Philly so we picked a pretty good day to come out to the island. We’re going to
check for Dave’s condo and then head back to Seahorse and get her stuff in. So we went out to eat at a place called eggs and such or something like that. It was very close to Dave condo where we drove 

by and checked it  out. It’s a complex it looks pretty nice and it’s in a nice little area tucked in where the Katch used to be. That was an old bar. We went to 40 years ago. I 

completed forgot about that place. Anyhow, the breakfast was yummy and within, then went back to the room and decided we would go to the beach, which was an easy walk across the main 

Boulevard and went there till about 6:15 and then, we had back while this 

was going on Trump nominated JD Vance to be his vice presidential candidate. That 

worm who said Trump was Americas heroin and said a lot of bad

 things about Trump now he’s totally giving up his soul but that’s surprise and today’s 

Republican party. We thought about going to Indian, but we found a Mexican

 restaurant called La Bamba and it was a nine minute walk from the Seahorse so that was good 

day. Dave recommended it and to tell him the recommendation



 was well accepted and very good. We enjoyed our burrito and tacos. Meanwhile, we posted a bunch of stuff on Facebook and Instagram and chow down, 
which was really fun. We then went to the Custer hut, which was fun. We ordered some soft cones and
 decided we’d walk up Bayview Avenue from 64th St. where the 

customer is located. It was a really nice walk to burn off all that food that we ate plus you got to take some cool night picturesalong the Bayside. We walked around the docks in the yacht club area. 

I saw a place that Dave had rented years ago. It looked different, but 

maybe it wasn’t but it’s a really mod building. Then walk back to the

 car drove back to the Seahorse. You don’t see very many horses here, but you know they called Seahorse because of the cute little creature that’s a seahorse. Aquaman used 

to ride a seahorse around. It was a fun day here in Long Beach Island. I think we made the most 

of it didn’t get to see Ron but we got to see a lot and
 I think tomorrow we’re going to investigate the northern part of the island 

before we head back to Philly meanwhile the RNC with their new fascist rhetoric that I didn’t pay attention to because the same old shit. Anyway, on a brighter note tomorrow’s another day we avoid 100° temperatures in Philly.

No comments: