Sunday, August 27, 2023

Saturday, August 26: Off to Wrentham Massachusetts

I got up at work hour and around 6:45 AM have breakfast.Pat picked up the U-Haul truck and we had an on I 95 to Wrentham Massachusetts. It’s about a 5 1/2 hour to 6 hour ride each way. I brought a bunch of 
things to drink, but I didn’t have any snack bars which I wish I had at this point. It’s partly sunny outside but we’re supposed to have mostly cloudy skies but no rain for 
the duration of the trip. We looked up while driving about Pete, best formally of the Beatles before he got fired and cranberries which are grown in New Jersey. 

So we’re now driving by New Brunswick as of 9:05 AM. We’re near Perth Amboy right now. I just got some bananas and while I was 

waiting I saw this on the Internet. They’ve created Mountain Dew hot dogs 😝 can you believe that shit? It’s now 12 noon and we pulled
over to stop at a rest. Stop in Connecticut while the traffic moves really really 

sucks. We’re driving with the dog and I’m gonna take a pitstop after practice because the dog can’t be left alone in the car. Otherwise it freaks out. So we’re gonna get there 



in about three hours at 3 PM. The Connecticut traffic was absolutely bogus and stupid. Now 

we’re moving along in a normal clip and our estimated time is around 3:19 PM. Good

 thing we left early that’s for damn sure we just went past New Haven 

and we’re heading towards New London. It’s now 1:18 pm.  We arrived at this dude‘s 

place around 4 PM. He’s a fella who just graduated college living

 in his moms place. He’s going to be moving to Scarsdale Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona



 for a job and his mom told him to get rid of the bike before he 

moves in mid September. That’s why the bike was available. We talked a little bit 

and then then loaded the bike on the truck and Pat tied it up. 

We then decided to take a different route out of Massachusetts 
to 495 instead of I 95 for 95 to 90 to 84 and I-91. It’s now 7:41 PM. We’re 

on route 15 which we got off after going to interstate 91. It runs somewhat parallel to I-95. We are near Turnbull Connecticut. 



We’re eventually gonna end up near Yonkers and then Fort Lee which we saw before when we were on nine I-95 heading out there. We’re about halfway home right now. The roads 

are been a lot smoother on this way back. Pat is driving faster than he did as well. Rescheduled get home around 10:45 PM. Pat got tired and I noticed that so we pulled over in Norwalk Connecticut and I looked on Siri for vegan restaurant and it was about a mile and a half from the exit so I stopped in and got veggie pierogies 

and a couple drinks. We ordered some veggie samosas at around 8:15 PM. They were the less expensive option. 

We sat in the U-Haul and ate them and they  
were pretty satisfying. I then started driving because Pat was getting tired. That Merritt Parkway and sawmill Parkway are a trip to drive through in a big old truck. We arrive back at around 11:30 PM.

No comments: