Friday, May 08, 2020

Friday, May 8: Unemployment Hits 14.7%


Good morning one and all good day and all that. The big news for today is the unemployment rate has hit 14.7% as of April 2020. The report just came out today. It’s the highest since the great depression. It’s even higher than 

 uring the Reagan Carter years. It’s higher than during the great recession that we had in 2007 to 2010. It is unprecedented.  It’s mostly in the service sector like restaurants and stores. 

 rump thinks the economy just gonna bounce up because  He wants business to start  opening.
Anyhow in my small world in the coronavirus/COVID-19 world we live in, I walked about 45 minutes from Ardmore Avenue to Indian Creek Road which is off of Lancaster Avenue near Remington Road. I didn’t finally decided 

 o catch Uber so I would get to home on time to sign into work. I did make it with 5 minutes to spare. So I got a big walk and I still made It and I say five whole dollars yucky yucky 

 ucky. Anyhow I got to work and struggled 
 ith how to copy and paste my information from the districts to a main database. Opening via email wasn’t a good idea. I finally figured I had to download the OneDrive and then take 

 are of it. That seem to work pretty well. I then took online yoga class at West Philly Hot Yoga to this  man name Gerardo. I think that’s his name. It was pretty good Lynn and I were the only 

 eople in the class so it was fine. He modified some of the Bikram 

 Hot yoga at home. After class I had some dinner and talked on the 



 hone a little bit. Wasn’t a bad day at all even though the weather was pretty miserable. A cold front coming through here and we’re going to get whether that’s closer to March instead of 
May starting tomorrow. 
Tomorrow  at noon we go see Clare for a restorative yoga session. 
This ought  be a little bit different that’s for sure. The Supreme Court held hearings over the phone and somebody, sllll  there 
is a rumor one of the justices forgot to turn off the mute button and Call 

 ou could hear the toilet flush. Yep these are the days of COVID-19.





No comments: