Thursday, December 23, 2021

Thursday, December 23: Errands, Ardmore & Urgent Care 4 Ankle


Well first thing I got today was a note from my therapist said he was not feeling well so that appointment was canceled till next Wednesday at 1:00 PM. By then 
decided to get my Scripps as an errand and then go to Ardmore early to look for funky gifts 

for the rest of my Christmas list I’ll be seeing in person starting tomorrow. I

 was asked to go to CVS to get pistachios and I got a couple things

 for myself. It is a very very cold day today. Then again it is the end of December and that’s the 

normal temperature around here. Lynne wanted to go to the urgent care about

 her ankle so it was decided I would come over her place around two and 

then go to the urgent care at mainline health on Lancaster Avenue. We got here and 

we’ve been here for about an hour. She has scheduled a 6 o’clock appointment but we decided to the walk-in because they told us or three people in front of her by the time we got 

there there was five people in front of her and they’re taking their sweet time  On the way there is a car ran pretty rough but it got us there. I’m a little worried about it. Anyhow we’ve been 

waiting and never know pistachio nuts so I’m gonna go back to that CVS. 
It is now 4 PM. Well the pre-Christmas traffic on Lancaster Avenue ridiculous. I got the pistachio nuts got some fig newtons are only a 
buck they didn’t

 have kettle chips and now it’s 4:20 PM that’s all. Well well well. It is now 6:10 PM  and they looked at lanes ankle. We are waiting for the x-rays I didn’t 

see a cast on her ankle so maybe that’s good news.  Well we didn’t leave till after 7 PM. She was told not to walk on the ankle for long distances like our our walks
 that we like 

to take and she got fitted a ankle support thing wrapped around her ankle and Shin

. It’s now 7:45 PM I’m walking by myself. I’m just relieved that 

the car still running but I still have to do a rental car for tomorrow and 
go to the airport by 1030 tomorrow so I can’t be slacking. I gotta go down to Essington Avenue. I may just take a train and then Uber. I don’t feel like going through that bullshit that when I walked all over

 house half acre looking for a rental place. I’m running it for two days because obviously nobody’s gonna be open on Christmas day to receive the car. It was the only way 
I could get a rate

 that was under $100 a day. Obviously is not the best time to rent a car during the holidays. Well Alice is celebrating Festivus with her kids tonight. It’s their version of Christmas Eve.
 She liked my gift. It is now 8:02 PM and I’m going to be turning around 

in the 20 to 28° weather to finish my walk and  and get my chicken cheesesteak

 and her regular cheesesteak. I went to Bella Italia. Also found out that I need to bring Apple pie and vanilla ice cream to Dave’s. So now 843 we’re going to eat

No comments: