Saturday, April 20, 2019

Saturday, April 20: Good Rest, Fairmount, South Philly and Kate Smith is BANNED!😮😮

It’s Saturday and it did start with the rain that I didn’t care because I got a really good 

 ights sleep for the first time in over a week. I got up at 7:15 AM. I was tired but I  wasn’t  feeling dreadfully tired with my ass dragging which is always a good good thing! I 

 ot to the men’s at 19th and Walmart a little bit late but not ridiculously so. It was good to be there I hadn’t been there  in months. I had a really delicious cup of coffee and saw 2 of

 my friends there. We then decided we can drive up to Fairmount

. It was nice that he had a car because we could do the doubleheader

 with no problem. I had a croissant in his place we talked a bit and then headed to the clubhouse. 

 hat was a really good meeting. I enjoyed that very much. We went to OC after I got myself an 

 atmeal raisin and he got a quad latte. I sat here and he went off to meet his  

irlfriend at his house. At this point it is now 11:55 AM. I know one of things I have to do is 

 inally pay Macy’s bill since they are calling about four times a day!! As 

 everyone who is NOT living under a rock knows the Mueller report painted  

 a very Disturbing picture of our Commander-in-Chief. It turns out Trump

 was threatening and attempting to coerce the justice department to stop the Russian investigation. Trump 

 lso want to rob Rosenstein to make false statement including

 blaming himself for the firing of James Comey and not himself the president. Well I was sitting 

 ere by myself I was doing a little people watching but mostly finishing finishing off

 yesterday’s blog posting and texting people. Friend of mine who lives in Frederick sent 

 e a picture of a mural from Frederick Maryland. Who’s nice looking one. I had sent her a mural I saw 
 arlier. I last left the OCF coffee house and decided I’d go to CVS to see if he still had the $.70 off for two sale on my favorite drink. 

They did and I bought that and fig newtons
had three of them packets for four bucks so I went with it. I think half the 49 bus

 right at 23rd and Paramount we also catch the 48 bus across the street. 

  went to 30th St. and then caught the wrong train back to 15th St. That added

 about 15 minutes to my time home but that’s not the worst thing

 in the world. It’s now 1:53 PM I think I’d like to take a nap before doing Pat’s Pa 

 tate taxes. The sun is out but it’s mostly cloudy supposed to be raining on and off again tomorrow. I’m meeting 


Murray at a Mexican place near his house and South Philly then going to a meeting with

 him at 7 PM. I took my nap and then started to type back to Texas but his 

 omputer is a pain in the ass because the numbered keyboard doesn’t work so

 I have to use a separate keyboard and it was just very frustrating. I met Murray for 
 dinner at 5:30 or little  afterwards back. Dinner was really good and the portions are very large. I couldn’t finish mine. The meeting was the speaker meeting at 10 to Carpenter. The food, took over I was barely able to stay 
awake. Wow! I really need to go to bed at a decent hour 

 gain tonight! I got home and I have the place to myself. I was talking on the phone and saw this shocking news. The Flyers covered up the Kate Smith statue and will not play 

 er songs because she saying to really racist tunes back when I 

 ack in the 1930s. Yes they’re pretty goddamn offensive but it feels like a childhood has been covered up. I was actually 
shocked. I had to share it on Facebook because I had a very visceral reaction to it. I was conflicted. One hand I understand  that racist utterances and songs marking

 the whole race of people are absolutely evil and wrong but at the same time just covering it up is not beneficial to anyone. It’s especially gross and ironic that we have a race just for president and we’re allowing that to continue yet we’re covering up Keith Smith’s statue.

No comments: