Monday, July 08, 2019

Wednesday, July 3: First Day at LBI. A Visit to Barnegat Light

My attempt to sleep on the air mattress was somewhat of a failure because it wasn’t pumped up enough and I had 

 couldn’t sleep on it. Ended up scratching on the couch. I had a weird dream but 
 already forgot what it was. Got up and there was no Siri also I made it my point to go to rip off Ruthies and buy some food stuff. I already  heard comment that I’m 

 ating all the food so no time like the present. We actually talked about the opiate crisis in the homeless problem
 in Seattle and throughout the country. We even talked

 about the concentration of wealth. It was pointed out all the beach was 


Property here are mostly second homes. And every home is over 1 million 

 xcept for like buying a shack for $800,000.It’s pretty humid for being the shore. But of

 course the breeze makes it tolerable. I bet in Philly it’s really uncomfortable right now. It’s 10:00 AM 

 nd I’m almost at the store I’m gonna get some stuff maybe drink their coffee. I hear Dave 

 pscale the place where they have a espresso bar etc. well I got as much as I could. They give you paper bag  so it’s a little bit difficult to carry it’s not environmentally correct. While waiting in line I pulled

 up The Washington Post. It was a mistake. Trump’s reelection 

 trategy at least one of them, is to disparage American cities as shit hole countries and wastelands. Trying to 

 et people to say if you elect a Democrat it’s going to make your favorite 

 uburban to he get a white hole. Well I got back with my bag of stuff and the bag

 almost fell apart but I succeeded in walking back. We were

 then went to the Barnegat lighthouse and had lunch there since breakfast  ended at 11:30. Surf City is really packed with traffic and that’s the bottleneck 

 ight there. The weather was good and we climbed up the lighthouse and took some pictures of the bay  from the lighthouse. It was John, Yukari, Alex &I Who 

 ent out. When we got back John in your car he went out to Costco in Manahawkin to get a whole bunch of food and Alex and I went



 to the beach. It was then the thunderstorms here around 3:00 PM. I showered  and the storms eventually went away. After that, I decided I needed a nap


since I didn’t sleep very well last night. I slept a lot better especially with The air 

mattress being inflated properly. The instructions say that you

 have to allow 3 days for seeping air before it stops leaking. anyhow I got up and it was time for a wonderful barbecued steak that John made in the car he made some steamed 
vegetables and  hey’re very good. Cooked vegetables that is. After that we hung out and then watch the walk to the St. Francis church to 
 take pictures of the sunset. The flags 

 re hung out in front which represent England, Germany Japan and Ireland Anyway came back & everyone went to bed John in your car he 
 went out to dinner and so when’s the first day. Alex is very proud of his ability to learn German. Tomorrow is July 4 in the middle of my vacation. The wedding is Saturday, July 6, 2019. So far the weather is held up very nicely. Let’s hope it holds up on Saturday.


No comments: