Saturday, July 20, 2019

Saturday, July 20: Cool Dream, Record Heat and 50 Years Since the Moon Landing

I had written about the dream that I was in Greece listen to balalaika 

 uitars and with a friend of mine and feeling really at peace. That was after I woke up for a

 little bit and then went back to sleep. I got up around 845

 threw on some clothes and headed out to Fairmount. None of my friends were around that I went anyway. It was 87° when I walked out the door. Supposed to go up to close to 100° with stinky 



 umidity. I got the place late because I took a cab to Fairmount from

 30th St.. Do OCF was crowded and the AC was not cutting it that great 

 ith all the people in it trying to stay out 
 f the heat. The meeting was pretty cool and relaxed it was air-conditioned nicely. I then went back to OC half charge my phone and going to 
to to Larry’s to take

  ictures for his house/condo sale. Well on the way to Larry’s I managed to catch a seven just before I left the corner of 23rd and Fairmount. I then took that to the trolley 

 o 13th St.. I then finally got to Macy’s and paid $200 off my bill so I won’t be getting those phone calls that my spam App kept blocking.  didn’t took the train 

 ll the way to 2nd Street or I got the Larry’s. I spent about a half hour
just chilling and relaxing along with 

 arry. It’s 2:07 PM I’m going to start trying to take pictures of his Jacuzzi and then outside for the view of  the city skyline. Meanwhile, the rest of this 

weekend will be blazing hot with today being the hottest day of them all. The good news is there will be cooler air coming in early next week so this extreme 

 eat won’t last forever thank goodness. It will be affecting the rest of the country as well. About half the country I think. I’m not sure what I’m gonna do this evening. I 
could like to get a few groceries cause

 I’m running a little low in the cupboard maybe some Indian food and frozen

 Indian food would be a good idea little bit later when the heats not

 quite as impressive. You know like good kebab bitch and a Dana Mandi store next nearby for those frozen Kati sandwiches. YUM.I left Larry’s and headed down 
to the Market Frankford line. I waited a little while but I get a chance to update the
blog. I got down to 40th St. and God darn it was hot as hell. Thank God I won’t have to walk about 3 blocks or so. I went in there and Kababish was

 barely air-conditioned. I felt for the people working there it was not that 

 omfortable at all. I can imagine sitting in there and eating.

 I got my 4 buckets of food and for samosas. I then went to the Dana Mandy store and got my frozen Kati sandwiches  and some juice because 
I just needed something to drink on the way back to the subway to go 

 ome. Once I got home he is the cause of mother nature eight to samosas and decided I needed

 to crash. And crash I did. I crashed pretty hard but 

 t felt really nice. Pat then came up and asked if I was going downtown and they said sure. I 

 anted to go downtown and finally pick up the stupid little adapter so

 I can listen to music again on my headphones. Unfortunate on this trip down I forgot to 

 ring my backpack. At least I know I didn’t lose it.  Now it’s 



 2:03 PM already and I’m still at the Starbucks just chilling out till the sunset so I can

 beat the heat so to speak. Hey you know what that rhymes. I’m talking to 

 omeone on bumble and they’re going away on a month Vacation so we’ll see what

 happens there. I got my adapter from Apple and I didn’t get

 a lot done but I got the minimum out I wanted to get done today. I’m 

 lad it in rent all the way to the suburbs around all the way to New Jersey as I

 would’ve been exhausted I’m sure. It didn’t hit hundred but it was pretty pretty sticky

 and soupy out there in old Philadelphia. Well after Pat 
 e me off I  went through Chinatown in the Apple store. I finally found a place to give a really good deep tissue massage. I mean that’s the thing I really need not to soft stuff. That went very

 nicely right now got my ring from Apple and I can listen to music again for

 the first time in a couple weeks at least. It was a good day. Tomorrow

 I’m gonna have to put a hat on so I don’t burn my head. It was a Mark

 kind of day venturing throughout the city going here and there and everywhere.



No comments: