Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday December 21st: Winter Solestice & Future Vine Street Construction

Good day. Its Sunday and that means it's the Winter Solstice. It will be the shortest day of the year.
OCF Coffeehouse
I got myself breakfast at home and started reading the news.  Well starting next year, 2015, there
Fairmount
will be a HUGE road project to replace 7 Vine Street bridges. The project will involve 2 stages to start February of next year.
                                                The construction timetable: 

Stage One: February 2015-June 2017. Replacement of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway/20th Street, 19th Street and two pedestrian bridges, and realignment of Winter Street.Stage Two: July 2017-November 2019. Replacement of the 22d, 21st, and 18th Street bridges
Man this is going to be a big ole mess. OH the DETOURS!!
This Morning
Taking the 48 and 7 buses will be a nightmare!!  I will be 2 years from my expected retirement
Larry and My Blog
when this is done. I am glad I just happened to read this. Well it was the 11th step today. It was good. I think I'll try to go to that meeting more often. It's very sunny but cool outside today and I'm walking back home and see what Sharon is up to. Well I got home Sharon was still sleeping. I decided to go on the Internet. Who doorbell rang and Sharon came upstairs.
Eastern State Penitentiary 
I didn't hear the doorbell since I was blissfully zoning out  in my earphones. I was listening to Sgt.
Liking THIS!
peppers lonely hearts club band by the band called the Beatles. Sharon snuggled up with butters
Butters Day
upstairs in my bed while I move pictures from my computer skews me from my phone to my computer
Google Maps
I then around 1215 caught the seven bus to 21st and market. I woke up JFK passed from very
Catching the 7
tall buildings and I see the Comcast Center nearby in front of me. I'm a tie my shoe play with my
Market Street at 20th
blog and let the Larry festivities begin...,
12:45 PM I'm here at the Comcast Center and it's packed
MOD!!
to the gills here. I need to find myself a bathroom but I'm gonna edit my blog first. There are a lot of
Cool Building
little kitty stuff here for my world I know nothing about. A world where I just hear about not think about
I am Sitting Amongst THIS!!
or be about. It's pretty chilly but really sunny.😃😎😎 pretty fantastic actually. The special-effects were top notch and I was able to easily find Murry Larry and Larry's brother. We all decided then we go to corner bakery
With the Throng at Comcast
which is right across the street from the Comcast Center. There was plenty of seating and I got a smoothie
Part of the Comcast Center Show
and a Panini sandwich and chili. I can't wait to get my order. I had a delicious Panini sandwich and
Lunch @ Corner Bakery
chili along with that smoothie. It was delicious. Now off to the sunny cold to the Christmas village.
Murry and Larry's Brother
Larry was pointing out that they're building the Comcast Center too. It's going to be larger than the
At City Hall Courtyard
original Comcast building. Went to the Christmas village which is pretty packed and Larry's brother both
Christmas Village
got some things. Then we went to Macy's to see the old John want to make her Christmas lighting program.
Old John Wanamaker Building
It's the same one that been showing for a long long time. It was pretty cool and I videotaped the whole entire
Macy's Christmas Light Show
thing and I'm going to put it on YouTube. It was a tad over 10 minutes so I have to shorten it a wee bit.so were
Light Show
going to go to a place called Century 21. Not the buy real estate it is a department store with a strange name.
Going to Century 21
And then there's me. There's a flea market nearby that I'm going to see if I can get some gifts.
Century 21
We went over to the flea market and it was closed. It's last day was yesterday the 20th. I decided then I
This was CLOSED
would go home and Larry and his brother Vincent headed back to their place. I'm running on my reserve power source right now and I have 41% as of
Waiting for bus @ 8th and Arch
now for 4:01 PM. Lo and behold here comes the 48 bus now. I was really lucky I didn't have to wait long at all for the bus to show up. I felt very fortunate. Well I got home around 430 and Sharon decided we'd have a little breakfast at dinner. She cooked up scrapple
N. 24th Street
and eggs and then we had forfeited eggs. I'm very filled up. It was a very filling and tasty meal.
Sunset From My Back Porch
It is now 6:04 PM I'm going to start getting ready to leave for the 7 o'clock meet up with Larry at
It's What's 4 Dinner
Saxbys for the 8 o'clock meeting later tonight. Before I left, I hope Sharon put up some Christmas lights outside her house.
Putting up the Lights
I brought a couple things down in the basement to clean up the dining room and put
Funky Tunes I listened to. 
a few other things in the living room. I actually got to Saxby's at 7:05 PM which was earlier than Larry!!, I met somebody I think I know from the program but I honestly don't remember her name. She was happy to see me which was cool.
The Start of it All
you're not. I happened to see there is a 48 riding and I figured I better catch up quickly. While on the
Woman
but I think it'll come back to me. Anyhow it's cold tonight but I hear it's going to be 60° on Christmas or Christmas Eve. That's going to be interesting to say the least. Well Larry Veronica and I hung out at Saxby's. Veronica went to her meeting Larry and I are going to
Saxby's
ours which starts at 8 o'clock and it's now 7:48 PM. Tonight 60 minutes was very good.  His last nite drinking was at Atlantis like mine.
Almost Time

Pathway
looking to see if there's a route 7 bus and  not finding it anywhere nearby. So I'm walking towards 22nd and arch and hoping my
Add caption
luck is better with the 48 bus. 9:24 PM 48 and the seven arrive about
Remember This??
a minute apart according to Google maps. And the seven appears to be winning the on time
Add caption
competition. So I'm a taking the 7 bus home. Well, I got home and talked on the phone for a bit. I found myself getting tired. I tried to sleep but got hungry. 

No comments: