Sunday, May 26, 2019

Saturday, May 25: Taking it Easy. Touring West Philly

Well after sleeping late last night I decided that I would just sit around 
 ith my creaky throat and eat cereal and watch Broad Street bullies videos. Last night
I saw a video of Rick Wise
throwing a no-hitter  against Cincinnati. Pete Rose was the last batter it was cool. Well I started to go down to West Philly and investigate a free mattress & box spring. It has the little frame on the bottom to keep it 

off the ground. Part of me wants to take it because it’s free and try it and part of me doesn’t want to bother with it. I got a Rent-A-Car so I’m sitting here at 1:55 PM just undecided 

 hat I’m gonna do about it. I took a tour through West Philadelphia and saw 

 andmarks from my misspent youth including the miracle diner which is 

 losing down and it’s for sale. Also saw the old kindney dialysis building

 which is now a new set of apartments which look like every other new set of 

 partments built in Philly these days; boxy with   windows that stick out 

 hen I looked at the mattress and decided that I couldn’t commit to reuse

 them. It would take a lot to get it to me at my place and then I’d have to have 

 omething else to set up. I just wanted to sit on the stoop for a little bit think about it 

t and me while take some photographs and Alex spring time. Hours lower parking I went to the original Gree Line  Cafe that one is located at 43rd and Baltimore 

 venue. I was sitting there my phone finishing off my coffee from the Earth Cup 

 nd 45th time, I recognize one of Wes friends Sebastian from back in the day. It was 

 efinitely her with her motorcycle boots there a little younger than she was. It was. Well anyhow the politics gets funky are in funkier every day under this administration. 

Exhibit one. Trump Defies Congress, Moves Forward With Weapons Sales to Saudi Arabia. He’s not 
 gonna let Congress denial of funds get in his way! If Congress lets

 him do it, one day they’ll have a president they don’t want 

 he Republicans. When I was at the coffee shop people watching, I talked to my friend about 2 hours and 35 minutes. She was doing errands and the whole time while I was sitting in the coffee shop charging my phone and looking at the glory of West Philly in 2019.

 I was in my youth in 1989 and 90. There was no boyfriend America as

 such. But it’s pretty much same except the boxy apartments they’re building all over. I then caught the trolley around 4:45 PM to  go to Fairmount for the 5:30 p.m. meeting. I went and it was a little strange not being there. You know with this fatigue thing going on my schedule is awkward altered. I went there and then ordered a movie and headed home on the seventh and Mark. v

No comments: