Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday, February 25: Trip to Sandy Hook and Long Beach Island

After nice night sleep, we woke up this week. The alarm went 

off at 9:30 AM. We finally got off around 10 AM. Both of us took a shower, a nice steamy shower and then 

we got ready to leave and go to Frank’s deli and restaurant to have their yummy 



breakfast. We got there and there was one table left and we were very fortunate

 to get that. The service is good and we had a nice breakfast. it 

definitely is old-school breakfast diner style. Coffee is good. The egg and the pancake were good etc. Mary urge me to get eggs so I get some protein with
my pancake and they had a deal where you could get Coffee a juice, pancake, and the egg for like 12 bucks, which is not bad. Anyhow, we left and decided to hit the twin lighthouses up in the 

Highlands.  That was very cool and I bought a bunch of swag there for myself and for Christmas gifts. We went up the lighthouse and you can see the New York City city skyline from the lighthouse. It was a pretty sight

 you could also see Sandy Hook, which is undeveloped hit the end of it. Anyhow, we left there and decided to hit Sandy Hook. I’ve never been to Sandy Hook and 

it was right nearby. I didn’t know, but the army had a base there from the first World War II the Cold War and now it has a bunch of houses but they’re mostly 

empty and they’re trying to reconstruct it. It’s a national park. It was very scenic. We didn’t decide what the hell we go to Long Beach Island so we basically
took the garden State Parkway down to the island and hung out there for a little bit and refilled for gas. Wish I’d refilled and Asbury parkq because the

 gas is much cheaper but at : $3.24 a gallon. It’s still much Cheaper than it is in 
Philadelphia. It’s now 5:40 PM. We just stopped at the Wawa where we got the 

gas get some ref fueling and then we’re gonna head back to old Philadelphia. 

Well, the trip was uneventful coming back and we hung out at her place for a little

 while and watched more of Daisy Jones and the six which is 

Amazon prime movie that has these 24 second commercials but the mute button 

makes it all OK. My overall impression was at Sandy Hook 

was far out. It was much more than that I had even Considered. I’ve never even 

been near Near Sandy Hook, Manasquan or Loan branch all

 those places. Sandy Hook has a history of being a army base between World War I 

and the Cold War. Looks like they’re trying to renovate the

 houses, but apparently nobody lives there anymore. I’m assuming they were old army houses. Long Beach Island was nice as usual. I love going down there. Joey is nice to see old familiar 

places but also I noticed changes going on middle-class people can’t afford 

houses there anymore like they did when I was a kid. Stephanie 

Ruhl or some MSNBC host center hubby are purchasing property all along 63rd 62nd and Bayview Avenue.

No comments: