Saturday, June 11, 2022

Saturday June 11: March For Our Lives 2022

Good day I woke up after pretty comfortable sleep on the couch

 at its blankets. Next our friend came by and picked us up. It looked like it had started to rain. By the time we loaded up the umbrellas

 and the rain is pretty much stopped. We took a bit of 50  minute drive for my friend‘s place to theGreenbelt train station. That’s one of the end stops on the

 Washington Metro. We got out & the rain started a little bit as we walked along. We then decided to hit a food truck for some 

food before we went to the Washington monument. The rally was outside the Washington one monument. The marchie just started and we listen to various 
speakers. One was the mayor of DC, one was a congressman from Missouri. There was some kind incident where people started running 
back but common sued. At the end of the rally it was mentioned

 but no details.  The final and best speaker was the last one Emily Sanchez

 who was a high school student at Parkland for years ago. She was very blunt
 and furious. It really got through to the crowd. There was plenty of room 

for us at where we were. After the food truck and I got an ice cream cone. We then walked to the 

old buildings of the Smithsonian institute. Well, next thing you know it is 330 and it was time for me to  be the hasty retreat back to the Smithsonian stop of the 
Washington metro. I eventually after taking two trains on the metro I would then take train route 490 on the MARC train to Baltimore is 

Penn station. Unfortunately all the trains are on time because I had 5 to 7 minutes to buy my ticket and get on the Mark train before it left the only 

run about every hour on the weekends. Well I arrived at Baltimore Penn Station I had about an hour to kill so I looked around for coffee. There was

 a Starbucks but I didn’t wanna have to go to Starbucks so I used Siri to find 

coffee. The first place didn’t exist and somebody pointed out there was 

a place called Sophie‘s crêpes and they serve coffee.It’s the only place around it’s opened so I can lucked out there. I also talked on the phone with a couple of people while

 sitting in Sophies chilling as it people would say. I really joined that place thank God it was there I was able to just mail out before the  Amtrak train  left.  There were no incidents that kept a rain delay. I love playing an open window seat. Usually people fill up the window seat you have to sit in the aisle. There were no incidents that kept a train delayed. I end up finding an open window seat. Usually people fill up the window sheet you have to sit in the aisle. I get it in in around eight and it wasn’t raining it was a pretty good sunset. I thought about getting Indian but I just didn’t feel like taking forever to get home. I then realized when I got to 63rd St. except it was stopping all the train to 63rd and then you take a shuttle bus from 63rd to 69th St. terminal for this weekend they were supposedly doing track work. I decided to do a little bit of pasta instead at home. I enjoyed that. I was really enthusiastic but I was OK. I think eating an ice cream cone kind of dented my appetite a little bit.

No comments: