Saturday, June 04, 2022

Saturday, June 4: Sketch Club Drop Off. W Philly Porch Fest


Woke up about 10 AM and breakfast talk to Pat and decided I would take care of some email business. Anyhow I had to get my photo 

prepped and framed for the schedule for the exhibit that start six. The closing reception is June 26. Anyhow, when framing the photo


 this new kind a frame has it’s not glass but this special clear plastic that’s covered by she’s on both sides. I had not realized that. It was a little bit weird and scary but I did figure it out. It does make the  frame much lighter and much more conducive

 to hanging up with the stickers. I found that the wall stickers eventually 

gift way. At least when this one falls glass wall shatter. Anyhow I took

 the backpack and stuff in there with a newspaper in a plastic bag and went to 

Commack Street downtown  that was my old stomping ground when I 

lived at the arts condo on broad near broad and Locust.. well I took the 42 bus and went 

towards the coffee shop and there turns out to be some kind of porch fest. There

 was a bunch of garage bands playing on porches. And her shop is really packed. 

Mostly college age folk including one Indian one with her loud voice 

she seem to be the queen of everything around here but it’s getting less 
crowded so I think people are moving on to some other stuff. It’s a beautiful sunny day today. It’s now  4:49 PM  it’s mostly broken 

up the big crowds are dissipated the band is packing up and I’m gonna figure out my next moves. I totally lost track of time so I  

took Uber up to Fairmount for a meeting. There’s still a lot of people here. I listened to the Beatles  and waited for Uber. Of course the closest one 

they could find was 11 minutes away.  I found out why they didn’t have a 

lot of Uber because of the roots festival that was taking place today.

 The meeting wasn’t too crowded. It was a big book meeting I decided 



to stay after the meeting to Fellowship at the Little Pete’s.  I was 
really hesitant to do it but I just did it anyway despite my anxiety. It who I thought  turned out to be a really good idea. I talked to this really nice woman was someone else at first. She was fun. I’m gonna make it a point to come back

 to that meeting. After I left I was waiting for the 49 bus and guess who I ran into? Mike Remshard and wife Susan. They told me they’re going to move to Colorado in a year to be closer to Susan‘s mom. Susan retired and Mike’s doing private practice they looked pretty well. Overall a successful evening

No comments: