Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Wednesday, June 8: A Day in East falls & New Bike


I got myself up extra early because Bob told me he was going to be there by 9:30 AM. He was running late and at work just Jim dandy with me I was able to just mellow out and had my coffee and drink it slow and eat slow. He had called me last night and the last minute that he was blowing

 through town so I said I was available and that was that. He showed up and as usual I was fumbling and bumbling around but I got to his car and brought
provisions. We then called Nadine and she was totally ready for us. We got the Nadine‘s for the scenic route. We had a gale time. Both of them have rare

 conditions that are very serious but they’re getting decent treatment. 

Once called PBX and I don’t know what Nadine‘s condition is  called. 

Anyhow, Nadine showed us around her house and she got everything pretty well 

tightened up and looking good. We then went down to the basement
where Nadine had a few things of Bob’s. It was included 2 bikes. Bob 

offered me one of the bikes and I said sure. It was in good shape and he had some parts 

for it. He was very helpful with helping me adjust the seat and giving me some info about the bike. He gave me some reminders via text of what to ask for at 

the bike shop which I went to in Manayunk. But I’ve had to go and I decided I’d head out myself since I’ll be coming back to Nadine‘s tomorrow at noon. Sure way I 

went on my 7.5 mile track from East Falls to Upper Darby. My first road about a half mile to Manayunk 
to the bike shop to get several things. Those things would include a new seat, front and back lights, a kickstand, a water bottle, & a lock. They were very helpful there and help put on the otherstuff 
as well. They installed everything very very quickly. I even tested my pump to make sure it was working and it was. The man and woman ever very helpful 

the man with the name Mark. I don’t know the woman’s name. I finally left and they took a picture of me as I was ready to go and wrote through to Kelly drive 

to Martin Luther King Dr. to Belmont Avenue to Westminster Avenue to 48th and market Street and then market Street all the way 
home.  Good being home and making it. Really tired. That’s  the longest bike ride I think I’ve ever taken in my life. I enjoyed it but I was really tired afterwards. I went home took a shower after the shower I talked in the phone a bit wrote some text messages and decided to head to a meeting. I wasn’t sure if I was going to go to my win tonight being 

where I’ve committed to doing next month sharing or try another meeting 

at Fairmount. I decided to try the meeting at Fairmount. End up being 

a speaker meeting nurse about nine of us there and about six people online. It 

wasn’t bad but I think I’ll stick to my Wednesday. The Wednesday at 9 to 1. Anyway

, I ended up on the phone and I didn’t catch a bus till about 9:00 PM. I didn’t get 

home till 10. And I was on the phone and then I mounted my photo and 

got it framed etc. I got to bring it over tomorrow at 10 AM. Well I noticed with the bike sometimes I see stuff I wouldn’t see if I was walking or taking 

public transit. Obviously driving really restructure ability to take pictures. Also videotaping while driving has been monitored by outside entities and 

has been donated is probably against the law if not unsafe. Anyhow I think I got some pretty good pictures today. It was fun getting a new toy to play with 

and maybe I’ll get a GoPro. I was thinking that I could just indulge in a GoPro

 and videotape my ride. Who knows. Who really knows 

who knows the future and what I can hold or slap away. 

No comments: