Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tuesday, March 29: Driving to San Simeon to Camp


We decided last night that because it was raining so goddamn hard that we decided that we would just chill out after organizing 

everything and getting the van that we would stay home watch a stupid movie and eat loads of pizza. That was fun. Only thing open with dominoes in it is the best

 pizza but it is definitely serviceable. Which a large by ourselves she left two pieces and I left just one piece an eaten. We didn’t get up at 4 AM. I did get up 

at 4:30 AM but couldn’t wake Alice up so I said I screw it so we left later than we actually wanted  that was OK. As we drove we almost got on the five 
towards Bakersfield and Alice was like saying to me “no way I’m driving towards Bakersfield and the grapevine. We got off the road and figured out the rest of the way to get to towards  Ventura

  now 11:15 AM we just started at Starbucks. We had a hard time finding a restroom. But I asked Siri the closest gas station and pick one we were right 
on the way to so we’re going to get back on the one oh one. I’m gonna be driving. Hopefully it will cause my sister too much anxiety. It’s gonna be 

too hard to speed with the traffic the way it is. Actually the traffic was horrible on the 405 as Alice thought it might be. We should be getting there around 2:30 PM.    Well we 

took the coffee and we wrote up 154 off of one oh one because that’s with the GPS told 

us to do. It was not a good choice. It was a 2 Lane Rd. with lots of curves in mound and didn’t feel very fast. It took us an hour to get off the road but we made it 

we’re back on the 101. It’s now 1:51 PM or about 45 minutes away I think. It’s 
not 3:14 PM we just stopped at a place called Cayucos California. It’s right on the ocean and it’s a quaint looking town has a 60 field to it.

We just need to get out of the car and take care of business. Also the ocean looks real nice and it’s a really nice crispy day out here in Cayucos. We’re slowly getting close to 

our destination. Yes, we ran later than we were supposed to but it’s OK 

will make it there. This is a really pretty town. We walked up the pier and I 

got a lot of nice photographs there. We decided that if we took care of 

business we would get a bite to eat so I got myself a burrito and Alice 

got something else. We also got gas filled up here and we don’t know 

the next time will be gas. I think we’re about 20 minutes from the campsite 

so I would indulge in food before having a set up The tent. When 

we arrived @ the campsite we got a little confused because it didn’t look like her friend Kimberly was there at all. We did find the site after looking around and
 her friend did show up and we continue along our way to putting up 

the tent. Fortunately Alice was well-versed in putting up the tent since you 

put up this large tent by  herself recently this year. I had a little 

trouble with a spatial relations or the seeing things 3-D but we got up to 10 pretty 

quickly cause it was an all in once everything just went up as it was 



supposed to. After that we found a tarp or should I say Alice found a 

tarp and we did a MacGyver and put a tarp around the side so the wind would blow through. 

As a night war on the wind calm down and it wasn’t windy hardly 

at all by the time dark fell. We decided then once you get settled in to 



go to the beach nearby there was cell phone reception and the beach was so cool it had big rocks in the

 water and also all these petrified wood it was set up like a campsite or an 

experiment. It looks really like we are at an archaeological dig. It’s really hard to describe in words how 

funky and cool it was on the speech. I took a whole bunch of pictures and I really really enjoyed it. I 

think I have some real winners amongst the batch.  I set up the fire

 and almost made too much of a fire because her starter sticks light up lit 

up really fast faster than I thought. Kimberly Alice and I hung out at the fire and kept warm and talked a little bit. We were definitely ready to go to bed. The tent had blowup mattresses a blanket and a sleeping bag I had also brought a pillow so it was pretty comfortable and we crashed around 11 PM. 

No comments: