Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday, March 11: 10 Years Sober Flight to San Diego


Well for the first time and God knows how long I I got up really early at 6:30 AM. I think it’s actually 6:20 AM quickly made coffee and had a energy

 bar. And I went to Sunrise the first time in practically two years. It’s a lot different nowadays. There was only three people in the entire basement of church of the holy Trinity 
that place used to be packed with people before the pandemic. I went

 there so I could get a coin and meet some meet people again. I was offered congratulations

 and recognize some old faces. Anyhow after the meeting I 

took the 21 bus home and was exhausted. I wasn’t used to being up that early.

I then took a nap and  ideas went swirling through my head. I then 

decided that I needed to get away for a little while. So I thought the a ideas 

went swirling through my head. I then decided that I needed to get

 away for a little while. So I booked the same day flight to San Diego via 

Las Vegas. I told certain friends and then I went to the airport eight

 hours early. This was the best place to go considering the situation. Alice 

knows I’m coming so here I come. I just hung out in the airport and listen

 to a lot of golden oldie tunes that I haven’t listened to in a while. I talk to friends and feel

 like I’m going through another tenure crisis thing whatever. I 

don’t really want to talk about it so that’s that. I’m hoping I can fly to Florida at some point directly from San Diego on 
another one-way ticket. That’s the plan but who knows. It’s 9:39 PM and we did lift off pretty damn close to one time considering all the hurting
that they had to  do. They also had to remind people at least 10 times to put the facemask on properly etc. I bet they’re really sick of it. I bet they were hoping they didn’t have to enforce the rules but I’m glad they

 did. All my friends been really wonderful made for me today on my 10th anniversary of being sober which 

is today. Over arrived in Vegas at about 745 or so ready to step 

yeah I don’t think he North Carolina I don’t
 think anything anything when I get back I did see I bought it yesterday and I flew in Philly got it for like 250 which is pretty good price considering I never do that I usually try to buy a month ahead of time

No comments: