Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Tuesday, March 22: Road Trip to Joshua tree national Park

Hi! Well I decided to take advice from Alice and rented

car from Hertz. The enterprise in Poway didn’t have any closest places Escondido and apparently 

this rental car place is the only game in town. The guy who made the counter was pretty chill. He gave me a whole big story about the

 Hertz scandal where they arrest people for being overdue with the rental 

cars. He talked about the bankruptcy and that some kind of company 

bought out Hertz etc. etc. it was way deep. Anyhow I got the white Hyundai and headed out to Joshua Tree National Park. It’s about a 3 1/2 hour ride. I went straight up to 15 to 
interstate 215 and eventually got to interstate 10 and then hung a left and drove 40 miles and salt the skeleton rock and the chipped rock. It took a lot of work

 but I found it. There are a lot of young camping folk there. Most of them are half my 
age. They were pretty cool though I must say. It was a beautiful scenery in the mountains went on and on and on and on. I just want to mention that 
on the way there I saw more windmills along I 10 that I never seen before. God Trump would have an aneurysm if he drove 
there but he doesn’t drive his own stuff. 

Anyhow I really enjoyed the scenery and and met some nice people there. I thought about being adventurous
 and driving out to Arizona but I decided that

 wasn’t a good idea. The main reason I didn’t do it because my phone was low on batteries.  On the way back the battery died soon after I was on Highway 79. I had 
to kind of guess where to go for the rest of the ride. I did remember Ramona so I went on Ramona highway and pulled in got some 

refreshment and then asked the guy where closest gas station because I’m starting to run out of gas. It got a little hairy there for 
a minute. They gave me the right directions 



I filled up with gas and then the Ramona highway hit interstate 215 and from there I was able to get home. I did remember how to get a Poway off of 15 the

good old Ted Williams Parkway. Thank God for that because I’m not used to driving in strange places or almost anywhere without the GPS. If I do anything 
with this 

car and bring an accord with me because that was a little bit hairy scary. The car is pretty plain it didn’t have any Bluetooth capability


It drove pretty well I must say. I got home at 9 PM and immediately parked and then charge the phone up so could start. It was good
timing because Alice asked me 
around 9:10 PM what was up. She never did get my initial message that I was at Joshua tree. The reception was nonexistent in the national park. Makes sense because it was middle of nowhere.  

It’s about 30 miles from the Arizona border approximately. I decided to make some of the pasta that was ordered earlier in the week so I’m cooking that up and it’s 9:32 PM. Pat also 

bought the computer off me and got it back. I think he got the keys back to but I’m not sure. I’m just going to talk to Allison prepare my foster tan my day.

No comments: