Monday, August 17, 2020

Monday, August 17: Work, Crickets, and then Harrisburg


Well I woke up very tired and skipped the sunrise semester virtual zoom meeting. I was way too tired. I was really tired when I got up and I 
 was going to take a nap during my 

 orning break. I really couldn’t because all the reverse referrals I saved in the drafts folder completely  disappeared. Good thing I checked that because there they are due today at noon. 

  did manage to finish them before noon but I really had to sweat it because 

 utlook was not behaving very well. I had to reboot the computer to get it to work normally. I managed to get some work 

 one. After all that I packed my bags and headed down to three Street Station to catch the Amtrak train to 

 arrisburg. It looks kind of cloudy but tomorrow is supposed to be a very 

 eautiful day. Anyhow, I plan to catch the 7 o’clock train so I’ll be back in Philly in time for work. It’s nice about 

 college and trying to be disciplined.
ummertime the sun doesn’t Set till after eight. Meanwhile 

 utside of my porcelain bubble, the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill stopped 

 n person classes after several outbreaks reported after a week of being open. Anywhere that college students are located seem to be hotspots for Covid. Due 

 o clustering on campus or clustering at bars. Glad I already graduated college because it must be tough being in College and being disciplined when you’re not in class. Train ride went very 

 moothly. It showed up on time and there’s hardly anybody 

 n the train which is really cool. I ride to Harrisburg and decided to call a friend who lives across the Susquehanna from 

 arrisburg to see if she was around. I was about to take a 20 minute walk to kill time to my old 1985

 address of 1016 Her St. She called and she said she could pick me up. 

 he picked me up and went to one of her jobs and I sat in the backyard. It 

 as a beautiful view of open land and sky. I took a bunch of pictures of it. It was very relaxing. 

  had my super coffee to keep me going. I was pretty tired. When she was done that job 

we went to the farmstand. It was a big farm. It was beautiful.  It was in the 

 middle of nowhere and I took some photos and she brought some fresh peaches and blueberries andother fruits. After that, went to another one of her jobs where 

 he’s just a companion and walks with somebody to keep him company. This woman lived in a beautiful neighborhood. It’s right near the highway but you can’t tell.  After we walked

 with her client, who by the way had a beautiful dog, she took me to a place called Momma’s Pizza which

 is in Paxton right outside of Harrisburg. We got there 15 minutes 

 efore they closed. I ordered this whopper chicken cheesesteak. They sell them for two dollars less than they do in Philadelphia. She then drove me all the way 
back to my hotel. That was very nice of her. It’s very fun to hang out with her. Signed into the 

hotel. Well they had  me going the wrong way. I went around circles but I did find the

 room and got in. I chowed down on my sandwich and started getting really tired and the next thing you know it I was out cold! The bed was very comfortable

No comments: