Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sunday, November 19: Breakfast in Asbury parkq

This morning we woke up and checked out of the nice little hotel, and 


then wedecided we needed to eat breakfast. Well, that turned into quite the adventure because there’s really
nothing on 

the broad boardwalk to eat breakfast in Ocean Grove or Asbury parkq so we 

just kept walking. We went to one place, but they had a private 

party so we walked down this one street and ran into these guys who are hotrod enthusiast with their Corvettes and their model, a truck, etc. They are really nice we 

talked to them and they talk about when they were cruising in the 50s and 60s or 70s.  They told us about Frank’s deli. So we went to Frank’s deli and had a delicious 

breakfast. It was diner, material food. It was really good. I had my usual

 pancakes with coffee and a little avocado and Mary had a breakfast

 special. It was very good. I had the total feel of a breakfast place really had fun. It’s 1:26 PM which is good because this place closed at 2 o’clock so it’s a total hard-core breakfast

 place. It’s also a deli. We’re not gonna walk a mile and a half back to the hotel where we parked . After you went to the deli, we walked

 back towards the Stone pony and the boardwalk. That was pretty fun. We didn’t decide we should head out earlier so we don’t have to 

drive in the dark. It was a joy. It was a very enjoyable experience. I put up a bunch of Facebook posts and got some pretty good 

reactions I must say, I have to go through all the pictures because I took

 so many and I know the video is gonna be really long. I’m finishing 

this up on Monday at 3:45 PM.  It was truly a fun adventure. 

We’re going to have to take more road trips that’s for damn sure. I think 

I’ll be returning back to old Asbury Park.That hotel was pretty cool and I have the phone number to Doug. I mean I can 

just call the guy and say dude I want to rent a room and I could skip Expedia and all that garbage.Asbury Park. 

Ocean Grove really interesting. It’s owned by the Methodist and they fly a Methodist flag. It’s
 really kind of bizarre place but the real estate 

prices are through the roof like every other short joint in the country. Asbury Park 
as a funky side to it 4 sure! A whole bunch of murals around some of these old buildings like the arcade in the and it’s some kind of weather weatherbeaten 
buildings. I think they’re trying to renovate them but I’m not sure. We walked about 2 1/2 miles 
walking around for breakfast. We then decided e

to leave before sunset and get hung out at her house and relaxed. It’s a fun trip really enjoyed it. Now comes the holiday season which will officially start Wednesday night free 

drinkers out there that’s a big drinking night the night before Thanksgiving. I just thought I’d let you know about that..




No comments: