Saturday, November 18, 2023

Saturday, November 18: Trip to Ocean Grove and Asbury Park


After an interesting night sleep where I was nauseous for a moment I got up and took the market breaker line down to 30th St. to pick up Rent-A-Car. 

Was surprised there was nobody in line in front of me. I was however about 10 minutes late, but it didn’t matter. I managed to have them 

accept the couponand got an economy car instead of an SUV.  And got 

an economy car instead of an SUV. I remember the last time I got an 

SUV. It was really hard to exit the underground garage. I then went down to the 

Dorchester and picked up Mary and opened myself up a super coffee.

 We got going up 676 which was really crowded and I 95 to the Jersey Turnpike from

 there. We went to exit 7A I 195 E. That’s the famous turnpike exit

 with, great adventure/7 flags. We got the ocean Grove very pretty here. My God it’s 

totally gone way expensive and yuppie. We ran to a realtor who was 

in real estate and lived in Manhattan or and also the Hamptons so she was selling real estate with her Botox and doing really well
 

where every place is close to $1 million. Even have winter rentals for anywhere from $2000-$4000 a month during the winter. We then
checked in the hotel and ate at a place called Tito’s, which has homemade pizza crust and all kinds of bespoke food Mexican Coca-Cola with real cane

 sugar, and some weird cola that had ASPE had Stevia in it. Afterwards you took a tour down the boardwalk. We walked though Ocean Grove& Asbury Park , 

got to see all the sites Stone Pony. I also got to see where they have Tilly, the 

famous Asbury Park landmark. I took a bunch of pictures. There’s

 some really funky stuff laying around over here in Asbury Park. We got a nice sunset going on and the weather definitely did cool 

off beautiful sunset. When we got back, we were greeted by a bunch of folks trying to figure out how to check in and we told
them since we learned that around 3 o’clock today. we then decided to go back to Tito‘s for dinner because we were free. We get hungry so 

I had I had something delicious and so did Mary. I bought some souvenir clothes T-shirts. Some might be Christmas presents 
and obviously I’m gonna keep some of them as well. We did meet the guy Doug he doesn’t know the 
place but he’s  Does maintenance and he renovated the whole place place was kind of junkie. This is ocean Grove in

 was basically a Methodist camp beach campground. One point they didn’t allow cars Saturday night after six and the beach has been closed to public till noon, but I think there’s a lawsuit about that , the room is pretty nice. It’s one bath, the toilet, one room, the

sink sitting out near the bed. We got hungry
and decided to hit the same restaurant we had luncheon. Because we couldn’t
 think of anything place else to go. But I got some really nice pictures of the boardwalk and various scenic items. It’s definitely a different kind of place that’s for sure.

No comments: