Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Wednesday October 14: Picking-Up State Computer


Hi what a glorious day to get up and fetch computer equipment. Yes and 
to that’s what I had to do. That day it’s been two months and coming. I would stop using my home laptop and use the Commonwealth hardware.  Of course that  would take is getting a ride from Pat

and signing off on the equipment. Well, it sounded simple but it was anything but simple. I got  there and I had to sign some forms to fill out some papers etc. They also 

 anted me to make sure that these headsets work. I’m not sure why since 

  just use the phone to answer any supervisory calls. That must’ve milked

 at least 20 minutes to a half hour just working on the headphones. They never worked anyway. And then took apart the equipment and and put it in a rolling cart. I almost didn’t leave 

without typing in the forms. Fortunately my supervisor got that for me. Pat and I stop by the kebab-ish 

 o get some Indian food and eat lunch. It was very exhausting. Once I eat lunch, I said about getting the equipment filled out and built up. The computer turned on fine but I realized I didn’t have  
the network  password. I kind of freaked out about that. I also freaked out a little bit because the  computer wasn’t finding any networks for me. Usually you to get

 a list of networks and you can’t ego on 90% of them. Eventually I called tech-support and they were very very helpful they got me on. I had to use up an hour 

 nd a half of my annual time because I took way too long between eating
lunch and getting my network up. Anyhow, my friend did bring an extension cord so I was able to gift Pats cord back I got the wires in 
either and it seems to be shut up now. I took a walk around Ardmore then came home around 9:30 PM mellowed out to watch them 
 YouTube videos all the  till I finally 

 ot tired and fully went to sleep. Hearing to continue on Amy Comey Barrett’s 

 upreme Court nomination today. I got some Indian food and it was an OK 

 ay overall even though I was frustrated and then I had to take time off to get 

 he computer fixed. I could tell my supervisor was frustrated with me.





No comments: