Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday, January 19: Everglades Tour and Miami Beaches

Hello & good day here in sunny Florida. I woke @7:30 AM this morning. I got ready to get breakfast. 

  assume that there wouldn’t be any coffee left due  to past experience here at

 the hotel. I wanted to take a shower but the hot water never came on. The coffee kept 

 unning out but it didn’t matter because They didn’t  have any cream to put in the coffee. We went to breakfast at the last place that we ate

 for dinner last night. It was good most of the hotels charge double 4 the  food. Veronica  and I brought Larry back his breakfast while he was getting dressed 
 and maybe taking a shower if the hot water came on again. We got back and I called the large double decker tour bus which  took us to one location to officially get your wristband ticket. I think more

 than half the people on the bus desperately found a restroom at the little mall switch buses. We did not have to switch buses but I had to pay the remaining $20 I owed after I paid the $40 deposit to hold my space. 
We got off the bus at the beginning of the Everglades. It was really hard to get a clear answer on anything I found that I don’t have to get a phone number. I wait

 in line to get some kind of photo booth thing and then I get on  the boat it’s hard when half the people don’t speak English and I don’t speak Spanish so it’s

 hard to get someone that can answer a question. OK it’s 1146. M I’m  just going 2 wait. We went on the airboat in the guy who was driving was very knowledgeable 

 bout alligators. He’s lived in LA Everglades most of his life for all of his life. He told us about 

 he poisonous tree and it most of the grass it’s not from this area but it helps clean up the pollution. We saw six alligators today. Jeremy the driver, was really good at
 steering that pontoon boat around. We saw six alligators. He said the most he ever saw was 12 alligators in one day. We got some sightings and I 
videotaped most 

 f them because using video I can zoom in real quick and get some still shots 

 rom from the video. He informed us that the Corps of Engineers back in the 

 920s drain a lot of the Everglades. They did a very efficient job and a lot of houses were built on the former 

 verglades land. I didn’t realize there’s an alligator presentation. I realized

 it and almost 1:30 PM. And the bus is leaving at 2 PM I don’t think I’m gonna make it through this line but I  don’t care I don’t wanna miss the bus. It’s pretty warm out here. 

 he line quickly evaporate once I told Eileen and a bunch of people at once. The shows about 20 minutes. This one guy came out and we’re trying to buy some lounging alligators. I did only 
 aw about half the show but I got the idea and I got some good pictures and videos out of that. Didn’t leave exactly 
@ two but it left around 2:15 PM. We ran into a boatload of traffic 
 nd I decided I’d sleep. Larry was trying to get a hold of make up I was  much later than they were. After a bunch of traffic I arrived around 3:30 PM I met Larry and Veronica at the hotel. They

 were looking for parking and they’re packed all my stuff in your car. The

 diner was really good I had a cheesesteak which was a real one. And I had two things of ice cream for

 dessert. After that we walked down ocean Avenue and I got myself a Starbucks  coffee. We ended up at this one place. This place
 had a bunch of large screen TVs where we saw the Chiefs game and with the Chiefs beating the Tennessee Titans 35-24. They are making her ductions for the next game which was the San Francisco 49ers 
versus the Green Bay Packers. We left obviously before the game really got going because we need to get home. It ended up the 49ers smash the Packers pretty good 34 to 20. i’m  looking for Andy Reid‘s chief to win the Super Bowl the first time in 50 years. The last time they were in it 

 as 1970 and they beat the Vikings. I didn’t even see that game out too young to remember it. My first 
 uper Bowl I remember with Dallas beating Miami in 1972. Anyhow Larry asked me to drive back and it was a slow ride of almost 2 hours because of various traffic issues. The last 30 minutes was pretty much a breeze. Came home unpacked relax a bit and talked on the phone with her. It was quite an event full day and I’m ready to crash real hard and take it easy tomorrow which is my last full day in happy old Florida

No comments: