Friday, January 24, 2020

Friday, January 24: Ardmore 2 Work. Bryn Mawr to Sleep

Hello I woke up around 6:20 AM. I got up and took a leisurely breakfast with 

 offee and some cereal. It was a shredded wheat type of cereal since I ate all the raisin bran. The coffee was delicious and I watched a little bit of Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel. 

  even found out that you could get your key card information on the SEPTA app from 

 reading the Philadelphia Inquirer this morning. I got the 106 was

 going to run right past me up I didn’t wave my hands up and down up and down. We looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo. No matter I caught the bus anyway. I 

 called him the GOOBY 🚌 Driver! After the bus, I took the Market  Frankford line. The ride was smooth but we were delayed due to a wheelchair doing “ Bridgeplate boarding.” 




 hat’s the SEPTA term for handicapped accessibility on the front car. This conductor
 is very vocal. She is repeatedly telling riders not to go  
through between the train cars.  he ONLY folks are the beggars & the whackkaman!!  Regular SEPTA customers DONT do that bullshit! Most 
people just want 

 o get from one place to another in the least amount of time possible. At some point SEPTA is going to make the doors locked 
 except during an emergency.  

It’s going to take a long time  with that because they have  Put new locks

 on each door or replace all the doors. Well I got to work and yes I have lots of work to catch up 

 n. Two different lists and some applications for family works and reverse referrals. 

  have to catch the 210 train so I have to leave the office at 2 o’clock 

 or the 3 o’clock appointment that I’m meeting in Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania. I have a 

 icket  already.  Hopefully that ticket will get me to Bryn Mawr and it gets me to 

 Ardmore. 20 p.m. I finished up most of the paperwork with those 

 wo reports are pretty big ones 36 names and one’s 116 bank. They’re both due January 31st so I have a  little bit of time but you know how time flies when you’re having fun. I’m gonna grab a quick

 sandwich and chow down and then leave the office at two to 
 catch the  2:10 PM train. I know I got to train just in time as usual. I got to Bryn Mawr and was picked up. We went to see Gary. It was pretty intense. Afterwards we discovered that the car headlights were on and the battery was dead. We had to wait 40 minutes for this guy to jump the the car because he went to the wrong place. While we are waiting for the dude we talked for a long time. I didn’t get a ride home and I crashed

1 comment:

flmdrpeena said...

Mark,
The saying is An Ancient Chinese CURSE that I used to use as a footer on my E-Mail.
"MAY YOU LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES"
I'm going on 76 & it's been the story of my life - including last night txts. Call.
No matter how long 1 lives, I'm sure that no long how 1 lives or how many years ahead, there will always be the need to learn more a out living.
That may be the reason behind the Buddhists concept of Reincarnation or a feeling of a need for it.
Take care. Take chances but take care
- assigned risks (right word??? maybe. mynmind's tired from last nught) Educated guesses, etc. I've a small handful of useful old saws that Do work. I like the basic tenet of engineering: everything is a trade off.