Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Monday, May 2: Downtown w/ a Friend and Flying to Vegas

I slept pretty well last night and got up at 8:30 and then I got up at 

9:30. I had breakfast farting around and then I left around  11:30 AM to meet my friend Betsey at  La Colombe. She called and we met at another place because 



she didn’t find the lock alone but that didn’t matter. I had some of that coffee and it was nasty so I threw it out and then I went to Starbucks and got some half decent

 coffee. We walked around for a while all over Center City I saw some 

impressive landmarks I had forgotten about. One of the places was

 Saxby’s‘s back in the day which was four years ago.  It’s now not a Saxbys 

it’s another fancy coffee shop. I was just glad to see that outdoor dining 

and it was in at a coffee shop. Anyhow we walked all the way down to Pine Street 

turned around and then eat at Sichuan  Asian restaurant. It was good to eat

 there because there was actually nobody in there which was a real relief. COVID is 

still around believe it or not. There’s now at least five omicron sub variances 

going on. I listen to a lot of TikTok including couple of  epidemiologists. They are not feeling too groovy about what’s going on out there.  Well anyhow

 I got home chilled out for a while and then got ready to leave for my flight to Vegas. I’m actually going to Vegas nine hour 

layover then flying to San Diego where there is a 9 hour layover and then finally arriving in Lewiston Idaho at around 930 tomorrow night. So it’s gonna be a long flight but I’m freshly 

showered  and I just ate so I should be all right. pestering me to the airport and I got there is plenty of time to spare and that was a good thing because the TSA line 

was really long. The longest line I’ve seen in the TSA in quite some time

. Once I got through the flight went pretty smoothly I did have my headphones so I listen to a lot of old

 groovy music I had I decided to look through all my photos from 2013 to 2015 and

picked out the ones I like the best to send to people. That made the flight

 go really fast. Arrived in Las Vegas and immediately knew I was just going to leave the airport because I 

wasn’t back due till  7 o’clock. My flight was scheduled to leave at 7:20 AM tomorrow morning. Well, I 

went to a taco place that Wes recommended. This place is called tacos El Gordo.

 It’s right at the end of the Las Vegas trip. It’s a bizarre place that you don’t 

see in my part of the world. They all kinds of parts of the cow they put in tacos 

I’ll just leave it at that. I decided to go for pork because I didn’t want any of that stuff from 



the beef. Yes pork is beef but it’s a little more main stream.  Anyhow pretty crowded

 but I found a place it wasn’t so crowded and chow down on nothing it was very fresh and delicious. 

After I chow down on that stuff, I decided to walk around and see the strip just to say that I saw it. So I saw it and then it was interesting but it’s definitely not my kind of place that I’d wanna visit with any frequency at all. I just want to say I’ve been there and done that. I’ve been started looking for hotels to stay at because I wanted to get a real nights sleep and not sleep at the airport. So I did that and I found this place called oasis and it was a really cheap rate. The place was strange had to go through a whole maze to first check in and then  then find the place. The bed was a little bit broken but it was fine. I was worried about that Cassie they make you put down $100 deposit and I told the woman that the thing was broken so I wouldn’t get my money taken. I  immediately got undressed and went to sleep. It was a long day and I wanted to sleep

No comments: