Thursday, May 02, 2024

Thursday, May 2: Our Lord in the Attic, Het Schip Museum and White Asparagus

Today I woke up and I was pretty darn tired so I ate breakfast 

hung out with Bob and Lisa and Bob gave me an itinerary. Frankly, I was hoping to sort of have a a quiet day off so to speak, but he gave me three museums 

to visit. They are 1) Our Lord in the Attic,  2) back to ship museum- upstairs For the Food for Thought exhibition,  3) Museum Het Schip ~2pm

 ( English tour at 3pm). This is quite a schedule so I went ahead and ate my breakfast, had a coffee,☕️ and headed to Our Lord in the Attic.

 This museum was really cool. It’s an actual place where Catholics would practice their religion inside someone’s
home. There

 was a lot of women in Amsterdam back in the 16 1700s they had religious tolerance, but it was “tolerated,” but the Catholics were allowed to practice as long

 as they didn’t put it out in public. So people made these churches in their attic. They could do that because these buildings were very very tall along the canals. 

They were very intricate like any other old church in Europe and 

the world. They had it they had all the accoutrements that the Catholic Church has

 for church and alter place where the priest gets ready for mass. The 

front row seating for the elite people and benches and other places for the regular



 folks. They found a lot of stuff that was dumped along the makeshift toilet where all the crap was dumped, and when people broke their dishes, they just threw the dishes with the poop. 💩
 They illustrated that. there was such beautiful old pieces. It was quite hard to believe.  I got some really good views of the Catholic Church 
that was built when the tolerance was higher in the 1800s and a couple other outdoor photos that looked really good. I tell you this museum 
card paid for itself in the first week I was here. I paid $75 for it 

and I must’ve gone to at least six museums at about 20 bucks a pop on the average

 so it was really good and also it’s great souvenir very authentic souvenir

 compared to the other ones. Next, I returned  to the ship Museum. I took a 

different way to try to avoid the weird crosswalk and traffic 

combination and it was just as long so it was OK. anyhow, I got there and saw

 the food for thought exhibit which was really intense. It basically 

showed how food is distributed and how much the Netherlands exports food. It’s



 the second highest exporter food beside the United States. 

They’re all kind of visuals about different countries such as the United States than

 Netherlands, Saudi Arabia and I believe Kenya is feature 

is a country but I don’t remember all hand. It was quite unreal. I saw 

TV presenter  talking about the exhibit. It’s up there for a temporary 

period of time. I took a lot of videos of what was going on with the food distribution 

system. He gave some Starling statistics from how many people

 are starving which is some spectacular number like 750 million. Something

 like that I have to look at the video again. I left there to head out 

to the Het Schip Museum. I left the music ship museum and caught the 22 bus. It turns

 out that that wasn’t quite the right bus. It took me 3/4 there, but 

then I realized it was gonna dovetail off somewhere else so I walked an extra 12 minutes

 to get to the Het Schip Museum. Turning my walk, I got caught

 in the middle of a bridge that was just about to open. It was a drawbridge and I 

scooted back in plenty of time, but the guy had to yell at me because

 I have a little bit of lack of “awareness.“ so we waited about 10 minutes 

for 2 One large schooner and a boat to come under the bridge. It was quite a traffic jam 




for sure and the rush-hour was just beginning. I did get to heaps, but I decided
to grab a bite at Indian place. It was run by an Indian 

guy and ate there. The place is called Dave’s lunch. I believe 

that what it was called. Anyhow, I made it in time for the 3 o’clock

 tour in spoken in English. There was about 6 of us, maybe 7 of us there and about that time my battery 

died so I only got a couple pictures and videos put in before the battery died. 
Bob said he would be a little bit 

late due to immigration so I was in full emergency mode so I looked up with the Apple Store was just in case I 
needed to charge desperately. I also Later On asked the woman at the information desk if they had a charger and God bless America they did so I charged

 up the phone and I watched and sort of napped like Trump did  While sitting up. Bob did eventually show up about a half hour 

late and we ended up going together through the whole museum. It is about the architecture school of that time and a famous architect named blankety-blank. He influenced

 a lot of buildings in Amsterdam, which I cannot name right now besides the Museum Het Schip. Bob seem to know a lot about the place because he’s 

been there before and he’s lived here for six years. I was pretty tired, but Lisa wanted to go to this place that’s a little 

farm with volunteers that serve dinner and drinks. It’s called farm in the hinterlands something like that Well Bob and I took a nice schlep down to that place and got there before 

Lisa did. Her tire was flat so she rode her bike and met us about 15 minutes later. We hung out outside because
 it was warm and the hour we were out there the temperature must’ve dropped 10° so we had to move inside to have dinner. well, this dinner


 was absolutely scrumptious. It was homemade and a featured white asparagus, which I didn’t even know existed! This stuff was so good.
This

 white asparagus had delicious salmon with it and potatoes cooking cooked in some kind of special sauce. Bob explained that he cooked white asparagus

, but didn’t taste as good as this so he found out the woman’s secret recipe. Man, that was a good meal!anyway as we were getting home, it got 

cooler and cooler and just we got back to their place via the bus and more walking the rain it started. After we settle down, we  
watched “homicide New York.“ This is a Netflix series which sort of is like law and order same people, but the actual cops talking about intense cases that they had the last two we saw 

was a serial rapist and a wife of a guy who who Along with the with her brother killed her husband
for all kinds of assets. It took them 10 years to arrest 24 years something crazy like that was unbelievable how long it took to arrest him. It proves that you do white collar crime in or smart you can almost get away with murder . We decided at 10:30 PM to go ahead and crash. I knew that I had to do that. No fussing around with the blogging I had no time for that. I just needed to go to bed because I’m gonna get up at 6:30 AM to go to 7 o’clock yoga so I can go to Kuchh with the tulips and not worry about rushing back for a yoga class.

No comments: