Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday April 10: Rental Car Follies w/ Hertz 🚘

Good day everybody today starts another week in April which string 

being out a very very eventful month and we’re only 10 days in it now starts with doctors appointments and Yoga and now we have a rental car situation that I got myself involved with her. Do you see my rental car 

got a flat tire I didn’t I didn’t even drive it anywhere. I woke up on Easter Sunday a.k.a. 

yesterday, and the tire was flat and you can read about this in 
my block posting from yesterday. I showed up about half hour late to work today because I didn’t read it Google maps train schedule right leaving from Ardmore. Anyhow, next thing I have to do is sign in with

 Mike find out what I need to do and then go back to 30th St. and ask them 

what I do about the car.  if they don’t give me a good answer. I may just go to the AutoZone and get a fix a flat but 
that would ruin the inner tube and God knows how much you gonna charge me for screwing up the tire because when you use fix a flat you have
to replace the 

whole inner tube which I would have to
so it’s 8:31 AM we’ll see what happens when I checked in at Mike’s and, well he was fine. I basically 
told told him 

about the situation and I’ll be out for a while because I gotta fix a flat tire and then return the car and try to get a refund. Well, I decided I would try to change the tire myself because 

that would be the most efficient way.  On the way to the Market Frankford line I ran into one of the candidates for mayor Cheryl Parker. She was greeting commuters. Very engaging 

lady and she had a bunch of other people with her. Her and Rebecca Reinhardt are my favorite candidates for mayor if I could vote for that. AI was in for a surprise


 I got to the car and there was no spare but they had this machine. I had to read about it. It’s basically like a can of fix a flat. I had to read and reread the
instructions cause if I mess this up, I really be in a bind. The machine is the size of a battery jumper for those portable kinds. So I had to read the instructions and then they want to meet
up paste stickers on the tire in the front of the card. Indicate 

that the tire needs to be replaced because the inner tubes filled with gout. So, I filled up 

the tire and documented it and it seem to fill up and I filled up to 

35 psi and that took a little while but it went smoothly I forgot to mention I had no ticket which was fan freaking tastic. So I was released so I threw two hours in the meter and that was enough. The 

next task was to slowly drive the car back to 30th St. and hope the tire makes it. People were passing me 
left and right you’re using the right lane which didn’t exist so it was a bit of an adventure. Let’s put it that way so I went to 30th St. and, the rental place was packed as usual because all the people that rented for Easter 
we’re coming back. They said they had 50 car returns. They ran to the same two people along with two or three other bilingual women. Anyway, I got help from the experience employees and asked for a refund
and they had no problem giving it to me, but they couldn’t give me a refund because I paid in advance so they gave me a voucher

 for the next car rental I have so I have $100 in rental car voucher for the next Hertz rental. They made me wait but they took care of business pretty well 
I must say. After that I took the Ellen at twice I got in the wrong train so I ended up at 40th St. I had to reverse track and go back to 15th St. it’s now time
 to eat lunch. Overall, it went very very 

well considering how much of a cluster fuck it could’ve been. I got back

 to Mike’s and didn’t do all that much active did a lot of talking with

 him and took some stuff to the garbage that’s about it. His food delivery didn’t show up in time so  he said he would have the person carry the stuff up. Hopefully he did. I then went to my yoga 



class which was fairly crowded. It was pretty warm, so I got a good workout. I then decided to go to my first MONDAY Night Beginners AA meeting in at least six
 weeks. I’ve 

been battling a cold and then got out of the rhythm. This meeting a lot more people in it than last time I went and whole bunch of new people joined. It was truly a 

beginners meeting with lots of new people in it. I then went home. Ate some nasty corn beef hash cause I had it there and I just wanted something different to eat. That’s the kind of food. I’ll
 eat once maybe twice a year. Yeah it’s got more sodium and then a thing of salt practically. But it does taste good once in a while to 

have it. Anyhow, I’m hoping to sleep better tonight than I did the other night so I’m looking forward to an easy day tomorrow, 

hopefully because Wednesday I have Mike’s appointment and then my appointment for a cavity filling what’s today?

No comments: