Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday June 20: A Day Trip to LBI

Hi there! I got up at 9 am so I could eat and have enough coffee to run around 

 nd fetch the car etc. Today’s agenda a road trip to Long Beach Island. (aka LBI) well of course I had trouble getting my self going out I found out that the pick 



 p time was 10:30 AM instead of 10 o’clock. That matched my tendency. It was a lot smoother than last time. By the time I finish the checkout counter the line was out the door so I got 

 eally lucky that way. Google maps decided to take me to Montgomery Drive to 52nd St. to Lancaster Avenue to get to Ardmore. A raptor Ardmore and we hung out for a while. We left around 130 and got there 
at Long Beach Island at 3:30 PM. It was warm but had a nice breeze cool breeze and it was really cool. We set up the tent 
and just hung out on the beach for a while. It was really pleasant. So I don’t didn’t go in the water and it was a nice cool breeze & was just very peaceful. The 

 urf was pretty rough but other than that it wasn’t bad at all. We then decided  to skip the Joeys pizza. It was funny the Joeys pizza near Cabells is shut down. I was just

 there about a month ago and it was open. Another place is closed is Cabells to 

 normally DeFreitas back in the 70s and 80s. The place is fenced off like they’re 

 oing to knock it down. So another childhood youth memory is going to 

 e obliterated. We got back in the Nissan Altima and drove back to Ardmore. 



 fter that watched grumpier men which is a fun movie. Time just escaped between watching a movie in 
 the walk and I did not head home till very late. The island was crowded but not horribly crowded. Can you believe it I’m still blogging after all these years. It’s hard to believe it’s sort of has a momentum of its own at this point.

No comments: