Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday, January 16: 2nd Day in Costa Rica

This morning we got to sleep in till 7:30 AM instead of 6:30 AM since 
Chris was in the group excursion and was not teaching class today. We got up and got taught by a different person a gentleman who owns the place and is also a yoga instructor. 

We did a 60 to 70 minute oriented class what proceeded before it was a little talk about self-care and what things we do instead of self-care, etc. kind of like a tutoring class. It 

was OK. He was taping it for some kind of podcast that he was having, and he told  Steff, patriot, etc. It was interesting I don’t think I’d want to do it every single time but it was something different 
which was fine by me. Breakfast is usual absolutely delicious I chow down all the delicious fresh fruit that was there. Holy crap!  I heard from somebody 

Philly got some snow then it rained and then it got icy today.  The Eagles ended up losing to Tampa Bay and playing like garbage. I didn’t see the game. Obviously I was doing Costa Rica stuff.

 Anyhow, after breakfast I went ahead and took a nice shower. Mary and Isa decided

 to take it easy and we chilled out and then took a nap. It was nice to have a quiet day of mellowing out, not having activity 

back to back to back. After that, we decided we take a walk around the grounds and

 then we walk to a place called jalapeño, and a bikini shop where Mary is 

going to go ahead and order a custom-made bikini of some sort. The people

 are very nice. We used Google Translate &  helped actually. The 

woman who owned the place spoke a little bit of English, but we didn’t speak any Spanish. 

After we got her bikini order, we went back to the peace retreat and got ready to 

take a walk to the beach. There was no 230 class today so we had time to get ready

 and go to the beach. Wanted to see the golden hour where the sunset is really 

spectacular. I know that the water is warm because I was in it yesterday, but this 

was gonna be really extraordinary to see the sunset. We took the 40 minute walk and it was OK. Then we got to the beach and settled down and oh my God the

 sunset was absolutely spectacular. It was everything I imagined 

it might be the extra bonus is that the iPhone really makes even look better 

the way they sun reflected off the lenses off my camera. I did not use any filters

 in any of these pictures that I took of the sunset. I took a whole bunch of them. 

it was mind blowing sunset that’s for sure I’ve been too busy having

 fun to be Mr. social media man like everybody expects me to, but I will have pictures up eventually. A bunch of us got to enjoy the sunset, and it was very spectacular. I went off on my photo 

world while other people talked about their kids and stuff. I was told that on a perfectly clear day, you can see a green flash flicker as the sun disappears under 

horizon today I didn’t see one of those but that’s OK. I got a crap load of 

pictures of the sun in various positions are videotape the sun I took 

pictures with it, etc. On the way back it gets dark really fast. The sun 

rises around six and sets around six since we’re near the equator. The 

difference between sunrise and sunset doesn’t change that much. I know that

 to be true, because when I was in Seattle years and years ago in mid 

June the sun didn’t settle about 9:30 PM and there was a little bit of light this guy 

till 10 PM believe it or not.  I almost forgot to mention the howler monkeys



 really were acting up tonight. I did manage to record a little bit of it but it’s pretty
spectacular. I was catching up on my social media while Mary was 
sleeping and I heard them. It sounded like a coffee maker, spitting out the last remnants of water. It’s pretty hard to believe that they’re really small creatures. I split the video I took into two videos. One video 
is just of the sunset. That was a four minute video and the rest of the day minus the sunset was a 10 minute video.

 

No comments: