Thursday, January 04, 2024

Thursday, January 4: Fighting My Cold Brothers Brain Surgery

Last night I just couldn’t sleep that great. I slept OK, but I had weird 

dreams. It kinda kept me restless, and I kept having to answer the call Mother 

Nature. I did manage to gather up my garbage and put it out for Pat and I 

brought slippers and my powder for my damn feet issue I have. I got Mike’s close to being on time, but I had to change my password to the app because it just didn’t accept the password. 

I was copying&pasting for a few months. Anyway, I think I’m gonna postpone

 my activities for one more night just to double check myself. I did do 

an errand for Mike and got him some money for him to get food until his snap benefits



 come in. OK Mike’s a little bit and then I attempted to go home but when

 I got on the train, it only went to 3 8th St. and the train was delayed and stopped

 at 30th through had to get off and get a shuttle bus but I couldn’t get

 the shuttle bus so I just walked the rest of the Away 40th and decided some delicious

 Indian dinner that was really really fun. I’m glad I did that and I called the 21 

bus which was really packed as people who were still abandoned from the previous train problems 

due to someone falling in the tracks are being pushed in the tracks. I think 

got home and mellowed out for a little bit and attempted to get myself tired. It’s now 9:24 PM. I took all my stuff and I’m gonna try to go to bed now . Mike had brain surgery today. Everything

 went as well to be expected. Here’s the report:

The Dr just left. She said the surgery went well. She was able to get out the whole tumor and they will do radiation to be sure nothing spread. Although they think it's cancerous she said it's treatable - Adenocarcinoma. They didn't need to put in the external ventricular drain. Also they don't think the sinus lesion is connected but need that pathology.. Pet scan before he leaves on Sunday or Monday and radiation in two weeks. I should be able to see him in an hour. I'll update again soon.
Per Mary:Mike is in room 766 in ICU. He's sleeping and I'm heading home soon. He was talking and engaged.


that’s it for today


No comments: