Sunday, August 30, 2026

Saturday, August 29: Manyunk Trail and Yoga

Well, today was the day. We finally decided to go to the Manyunk Trail. We first got up, went to the café. While we’re eating, Lynn and Dave came by because they were having breakfast. Linda had gone to the 9 AM Hot Yoga class with Tina. Dave did something else. We talked for them for a while and we decided we would go to the Manyunk Trail St. from the café. For some weird reason that had a 13 minute wait for us to go to the trail so we have plenty of time to talk to Linda and date before they set off to get ready for their daughter‘s wedding & do errands. Well, the LYFT driver did finally show up and we talked to To him and ask him why they couldn’t find a driver any closer and he did explain it, but I don’t remember exactly why. Actually, he did tell us that vodka people like to get a bunch of short rides that’s compared to one big ride. He got us there in good time. I did forget the final leg of the trip. I had the guy turn right instead of turning left, but we had a little bit longer walk, but I found it cause I remember the church. While we walked, and it was a perfect day. I hadn’t been at this trail since 2022 or 2021 during the pandemic. It was not crowded at all on the walk. We just strolled about and took a bunch of pictures. They are great views of Manyunk when you take the walk. When we got to the Cynwyd side, Lower Merion Township, it became narrower and very overgrown. It was very lush and green. I just didn’t remember it being that lush and green, but it probably was. It could be because I walked during winter and early spring as well. Things aren’t a slush then obviously. Well, we walk to the end of the line and there’s the Cynwyd Train station right there. It doesn’t run all weekend. They have a little convenience store right there where we can sit and grab a bite to eat or get something to drink so we both got something to drink and hung out there for 20 minutes. We decided to call LYFT and have them pick us up. This this gave us time to unwind and relax during a Lyft ride and and get ready for Yoga. We decided we would go to the yoga class. We got back around 3 PM so we managed to fit both in. Wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to do that. But the LIFT and the Uber made it possible. Anyhow, we got ready for Yoga and Mia was teaching the class. It’s a good class you gave demonstrations of several of the poses, including the pranayama was well attended afterwards I got a smoothie and then we walked back to Mary’s and lie down for a moment and that was that was cool. I like that lie down time. Anyhow, decided we would have the leftovers of the stuffed peppers. They were delicious actually left them sitting for a day actually enhances the flavor, which is cool. We watched two Law order episodes. In fact, one of them we watched twice cause it was really, really good it wasn’t creepy like child slaves or anything depressing like that. That was the first episode. We’re Haitian kids were being sold to wealthy people to do chores. Well, I did the dishes and then we got ready for bed. It was a fine day out. nicest day we’re going to have for the next week. It’s gonna get increase humid and hot until the mid week next week. You know the chance of rain thing with lots of humidity. I’m glad we’ve got that trip out of the way. It was fun and we’ll have to go back maniacs. very cool to look at from the bridge. September is right around the corner and regular Choir practices and cooler weather or upon us. It’s also back to work with Mike and his computer. He might’ve broken again because he installed some bogus app on the computer. Anyhow, Lisa has his phone working again or having to wait two weeks for the new phone to come in.

No comments: