Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday, May 18:Taking Lynne to Surgery 4 Shoulder


Good day. Alarm cut off at 9:08 AM this morning. I had cereal with blueberries in it and coffee. It’s another nice sunny day duringthe week. Lynne is

 getting a shoulder surgery done at 11:30 AM this morning. It’s now 11:38 AM. We did show up technically late but they are taking her and 

they’re just asking a bunch of questions here in the world famous Penn Presbyterian, waiting room on the 5th floor. Our parking is on the 2nd floor. I 

was kind of hoping that I could drive around while she’s getting surgery but oh well I guess I’ll be waiting here for a 

few hours but I got my phone charged at 96% so I should be able to occupy myself also brought my headphones 
with me. before we left for Penn Presbyterian, I was listening to this guy named Simon, who does decent YouTube videos about data
privacy and the Internet and social media, etc. I found them on TikTok 

and then went to the YouTube page and he’s pretty good. It’s now 1:14 PM. I can’t 

believe it’s that late already. Holy crap no wonder I’m hungry. Well, I’m gonna go walk in

 University City and grab some grub there. I got at least two hours so I’m gonna 

put my alarm for an hour and a half just to make sure I don’t get caught up in running late



 and getting back that would really be embarrassing. It’s cool just like yesterday I’m glad I brought my coat because I can store stuff. It’s now 2:31 PM. I just finished chowing down at an 

Indian buffet at 40th and 40th and Locust. I had three playful‘s and man was that good. I knew I could eat a lot because I wasn’t going to yoga today. I can’t eat that much and go 



to yoga class less than two hours. That would just be torture. Anyway the Penn app told me that the procedure

 began at 2:29 PM. So now I’m heading back to the hospital and going to drink my Super Coffee. I also 
went to the Acme and they had Super Coffee there and it was warm, but she likes it warm, so Debra get that done with 

minimal effort. There’s no line at the Acme.  the nice woman guided me to where they were. I’m walking by the corner of 30 and Chestnut add Mrs. Claude and Chili’s is closed. The only 

place open is the strip club the old 7-Eleven that used to be across the street is Nelly send tender bank. It’s a nice day outside to walk around. Well it’s now 4:13 PM. Still haven’t heard anything updated since 229. I did listen

 to somebody talk about malpractice insurance. They’re the only other person in the waiting room besides me. I’m guessing we’re one of the last operations for the day. Anyway, there’s 

three people left in the recovery room in the whole place. It is now 5 PM. 
Fortunately, I don’t have to be concerned about malpractice insurance or affecting a tenant. There’s only two of us here so that means it’s the other one. OK I got the car 

out of the parking lot and I’m at the north lobby near the corner of 38th and Filbert. Tell you to pick up the patient near the pharmacy. It is now 5:47 PM. I did pick her up from


the hospital near the pharmacy. I went around twice before I was able to figure it out but I wasn’t late. We got back and talked for a bit and I was scompletely exhausted for some reason, even though I didn’t really 

do much except for a lot of waiting. Oh, I did eat a lot for lunch. I took a nap for 40 minutes before I helped her with putting her sling on. We had to takeoff the one that Penn gave at the
 hospital used the custom one she had used for her other rotator cuff. Because it fits a lot better. I 

went to the pizza place in Jess the woman she order from push had left and I picked 

up the pizzas and they’re not very large. They’re personal pizzas and that’s allthey sell.ok
It’s not much pizza for $30. Anyway,
 it’s now 9:25 PM and now I’m starting to get hungry. Glad I had that very large lunch. When they’re ordering pizza from snap pizza. It was 
good but man inflation is rock ‘n’ roll. $30 for two pizzas. I guess the way of the world these 

days. we watched a couple episodes of deadwood. It’s getting pretty intense with one of the characters threatening to “burn down the town. The fights over golden statehood, etc.

No comments: