Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thursday, July 14: 2 Appts. Caregiving and Harrisburg


I got up in time and had breakfast as per usual. I got ready to go to my 1040 dermatologist appointment. I took the 65 bus from 69th St. terminal. It’s pretty
hot from the start this day was. I caught the bus and got me there right on time and I love talking on the phone but still making the 
dermatologist appointment he removed 23 things one of them is getting a biopsy. There was some kind of thing on my forehead I had scratched so he took a biopsy of that. Everything else

 looked fine.  After the appointment I realized Lancaster Avenue 

was closed so I couldn’t catch the 105 so I ended up walking to 63rd and

 Malvern and taking the 46 bus to 60th St. and then take a Neil from 60th 

and market to get home. I’ve been relax drink something and took a nap. I had to 

make a decision on caregiving today  I am hoping to get 

it out-of-the-way by August so I can move on with other things. So now I have 2 caregiving 

jobs one temporary and I don’t know what the other one is. 

Anyway I then I’m going to my RSV appointment but I’m running late 



because SEPTA got all funky. One train trip two minutes early 

and the other one was eight minutes late so it’s a pain in the ass . I have a  3:45 PM 

 Amtrak to Harrisburg.  It’s now 2:22 PM I’m in the waiting room of DM 

Medical. I was seen in about 15 minutes and they answer me the same questions as it did on the online questionnaire. The woman did have a concern about my 



bandage on my head from the
dermatologist taking a biopsy from growth 

that I had on my forehead. The doctor was not terribly concerned. I do 

get paid for this visit and my next in person visit on July 28 at 2 PM. I failed to mention a delightful and funky  development. I reset my passport

 application back on July 6 while‘s in Buffalo. I get a mail preview of what’s coming in the mail and they’re sending my application

 back to me even though it’s not addressed to me. It’s really strange I was hoping to get the mail before I left for 

Harrisburg but I’ll have to look at it on Saturday. This past for things getting a little scary. I was hoping to be 
able to  take a trip to visit Bob and Lis in Amsterdam in September or October but I can’t do it without a passport. A nerving. My friend 

Donna  went to the same type of experience with passport. Is now 3:38 PM and my 3:45 PM train is now estimated to be here at 4:15 PM. This means I won’t get to Harrisburg till about 6 PM. Well have a funny thing happen I’m on the way to Harrisburg. Suddenly the same flashes last call
and everyone is scrambling to catch the train because just they announce last 

call, The gate number or sister Birdsall and time. You can see in the above photo. 

Whenever Amtrak train runs late they just announce
 last call!!  Everybody runs instead of waiting in line. Usually with a Harrisburg Train you’ll have people waiting in line when you know the gate number on 

this date and the last time I went to Harrisburg they didn’t do that. No it’s 542 we just left Middletown home with the Harrisburg international airport. I thought 


affinity snap but I decided not to. I did however charge my phone. I’m kind of tired now it’s weird the super coffee sometimes does the opposite makes

 me more tired so you take a  I arrived in Harrisburg around 6 PM and 

my friend was already going to pick me up we drove through downtown Harrisburg 

on the way to Lemoyne where she lives. When we got there 

to her house I just mellowed out for a little while. We then went out to Harrisburg

 and went to a bunch of little places and looked at him and then we went to 

a place called The Millworks. It’s a combination art gallery restaurant in place

 to grab a drink. It’s been around for about five years and it’s pretty 

hip I must say they have Artist studios built right into the place. And some of the art 

was pretty good. We had dinner and it was quite fancy and 

Artisanal for sure. I had chicken Popeye that looked nothing like any chicken Popeye

 ever had in my life. Chicken look real and end it was you from

 local farms etc. I know one person did not approve of me having the chicken but

 he wasn’t with me. Diana got some very delicious pesto pizza 

with pesto . I had a nice side order of spring salad and that was quite delicious. I had

 this fancy drink minus the alcohol which was really fruity 

and tasty. It was nice to have some kind of fancy drink for once. It’s hard 

when you don’t drink it’s the fanciest drink you can get a San Pellegrino 

or something like that. We went to the laundromat after dinner to pick up the clothes from the washer and we put it in the dryer. While the stuff was dry for 30 minutes

 we took a walk around the block. I asked about if she had cereal and she said no so I there’s a little store nearby and I went there and

 and I got raisin bran, juices and three bananas. The place was very clean and nice and it being open late is a big bonus. I went to that place last time I was here. I like to have my cereal and stuff available in the morning.

No comments: