Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday, October 15: Road Trip to Hawks Nest NY


Good morning everyone I got up really early. At 7 AM so I could go to πŸ¦… Eagles Nest, New York with Pat. It’s near Port Jervis New Jersey.  


Our first stop was in new Hope at a Starbucks that Pat knew about. It is a beautiful fall day outside and 
we got some good pictures before going to the Starbucks.. I want there on a date there a long time ago. Anyhow, we stopped at a Starbucks which didn’t have combination locks. I 

was near a finance bro with two blinds dispensing if ice about the stockmarket, Covid and real estate. Well, we aren’t Bucks County, which half 

the people seem to be republican, according to the road signs. Once restart driving we’re gonna stop another hour

 for a little break and stuff like that. It’s 9:40 AM and we’re gonna officially 

get ready to launch for a second leg of the trip. It’s nice taking a trip 

we would just kind of chill not being a big rush. It’s 12:46 PM which means 

almost 1 PM. We are eight minutes from Port Jervis New Jersey near the interstate 84 and Pennsylvania
Route six. We stopped at a gas station a BP station for some snacks and hit in the head. Effective mall here that says tri-state mall. You’re between three states here, Pennsylvania, 

New Jersey, and New York. Beautiful day outside. Well, we are supposed to be at Hows nest not Eagles nest is some sharecropping place. It looks like. So we were about 15 miles north 
approximately. We are not Otisville for a Sorry one of our breaks fill up a little gas and hit the head. It is now 2:24 PM. but
we got to Hawks nest and boy was it a scenic ride? There was a zigzag he rode, which was unbelievable. It was a perfect day outside. The leaves were 

all turning, and it was a sight to behold I took a crap load of pictures I mean I was really into it. we hung out with a lot of bikers
cruising by. It’s known to be a biker cruising place. My friend Donna went with a boyfriend a couple years ago and they went to early. Pat and I were 

going to go earlier but I’m glad we went when we did because it was really peeking fall foliage going on.  Anyhow, we then cross this bridge after we drove north of Hawks nest and there’s a 
bridge that crosses into Pennsylvania and it was a town called “blank Eddie”. I forget the name of the place but it’s basically a neighborhood and there’s no exit because there’s a dead end when you turn right into the 
left as a private neighborhood. It was a really cool looking place. I could imagine living there it’s really in the middle of nowhere. I 

mean that’ll be a good place to go if you’re running away from the law or something. Anyway, on the way back, we stopped a couple times and then during the route I got off the exit 

at Route 31 S., which eventually goes through Trenton and the I 95. Pat ended up going to route 22, which

 collude with 78 interstate 78 and we split off. I’ve was going to go to Newhope and wait for him 

but he said to continue home. So that’s what I did. Newhope was packed because it was a beautiful Saturday

 night and so was Lambertville New Jersey which is across the river. I got home safely with the rental. Pat managed to get home fairly soon after I did. He came home, showered and then went right back to work. I talked on the phone for a little bit now I have to go through all the photos and see which ones I like better than others. I’m glad we took the trip. It was a perfect weekend to do it after , a rain spell 10 days ago and then beautiful weather last week. It’s going to be an interesting time in the future because I’ve got to fill out an application to be a parking meter man and I’m still waiting for the state to decide what to do with me if they can decide.  it was a good day. I really enjoyed it. I’m glad I got to do it. 

No comments: