Thursday, December 14, 2023

Thursday, December 14: Working OT w/ Mike Penna. Hospital

This morning I got up at the 6:45 AM time but still managed to 

be running late. I had to pull
out my laundry and breakfast and put out the trash. 

Then when I got to The Millbourne station excepted decide to skip 

one of the trains and next one did show up on time. There were three trains

 coming from the other direction that came right after each 

other so they definitely had an issue. Sometimes cold weather will do that to their equipment, they should make cold weather proof equipment, but what do IThe 

Millbourne station excepted decide to skip one of the trains and next one did 

show up on time. There were three trains coming from the other direction 

that came right after each other so they definitely had a issue. Sometimes cold 

weather will do that to their equipment, they should make cold weather proof equipment but what do I 

know.as soon as I get the Mike’s, I have to call Uber and get him for his 

scheduled appointment. Well turned out the Medcab subsidized van service is going to show 

up after all at 8:50. Well they showed up around 9 o’clock and the lady was 

very nice and in fact she picked up another passenger as we 

were heading to Pennsylvania hospital. Get 8th & Spruce.we went through airport screen procedure

 for Mike in a wheelchair with woven a wand by this lady and 

now we’re number 77 waiting in another put you through series of booths,  I mean places to wait it’s now 9:53 AM. Well, I’ve been waiting here  
since then at the liberty room Rehab the  freedom to listen to other peoples phone calls and breathing machines while you wait. The good thing is, I found a place where I can charge my phone so my phones almost fully charged. I dozed off for a little bit and then I got two calls from his Medcab and 

according to the symbol he is in the OR. I have a buzzer like once they use it restaurants and they’ll call me too so I’m just sitting here. I wonder if you can get anything

 to eat here but there’s no vendors at the freedom room I mean the liberty room. I found some good TikTok that I shared with people , I don’t know if I 

was talking on the phone because it’s I don’t know one of the memes about Anxiety and one was about the tipping culture where a soldier 

is told  “Thanks for your service.“ Then the guy whips out a tip machine Ha Ha.

 Anyway, I’m hoping we can get out of here by 2 o’clock!πŸ•‘ it’s now 1:25 PM and

 I don’t think we’re getting anywhere near out by 2 o’clock. I just finished lunch. I’m glad I thought
 of it. The cafeteria was pretty close by and I had a slice of pizza and a Pepsi plus a banana. Now my hope is we can get back by 3:30. You know my regular sign 

out time.there is a small chance he may have to stay overnight that 

would be preferable for me, then waiting here till 3:30 PM and having 

a change my schedule around but I will ask for overtime. In old-time 

sports news, former 76er George McGinnis, Hall of Fame forward who played for 76ers, dies at 73.  He 

played with those really good teams in the 70s along with Darryl Dawkins, Billy 

Cunningham, Morris cheeks,  Steve Mix and of course Julius Irving. Mike had a 

catheterization appointment today scheduled for 9:30 AM. I was not told how

 long it would take and I figured I’d be able to sign out as I usually would between 330 and 3:45 PM. 

Unfortunately, that’s not the case. They’re slow here. Mike will not be leaving 

the hospital till at least πŸ•Ÿ 4:30 PM which means I will not be leaving

 work till at least 5 PM. They did not find anything unusual in the test.    I’ll probably

 be signing out of work anywhere between 5 PM and 6 PM.I hope  

to go to the 5:45 PM Vinyasa class today. In news outside my hospital bubble,

 the House passed a defense  authorization bill that is screwed some of the far right BS they try 

to throw in every bill. Also, Biden is pushing Netanyahu the far right leader of Israel to wind down the attack on Gaza. I think there’s fat chance of that happening anytime soon knowing that 

asshole. Anyhow, I shipped out of work at 5 PM and headed out from Mike’s at that point. I’m going to the 5:45 PM

 Vinyasa class. The class was really good. There was only about six of us there. We did a lot of hip liners which was very nice. Afterwards I ran into. Lynnn said he would. She would send me some things via email or text about what we went over our lesson yesterday. Right now it’s 8:03 PM and I am taking the bus up to 22nd and Fairmount and then I’m gonna go to an 8:15 PM meeting.

No comments: