Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Wednesday December 6: Joan Didion Intellectual Boomer🦞

Good day today is Wednesday hump day. Woke up had breakfast 

and found out that Stephen Colbert, and the Late Show will 

be canceled for a 2nd straight week since he had a ruptured appendix and 

is recovering from it. I slept pretty well could always sleep more. Well, as I arrived to Mike

 Mike’s place we have another morning of flurries today. It’s

 almost as much snow as we got total last year which was .3. Anyhow, it’s 37° and hump 

day is here. Joan Didion is the official queen of highbrow literary New York City elite. I just bring up her name, and I become more intellectual. Mike thinks I’m more intellectual because of it. Ha ha ha 🤣🤣. I sent a link about her to a few people who might like the highbrow. He was one of the writers of the “new journalism.“ This is why 

people don’t like boomers because they’re so full of themselves and think they reinvented the
earth but all we got from them is Donald Trump. I looked up the word, antebellum, and 

it means literally “before the war.“ I thought a synonym of it was anti-intellectual. 

You know the opposite of Joan Didion. I am a social critic!! let’s

 discuss on my TEDTalk  I say this, because I hate artifice and and puffy, self promotion

 and self importance. It just really gets under my skin. Well, it’s overcast

 and cloudy and I’m at Mike’s and I’m gonna venture go down to the welfare office and drop off some

 stuff for him. well, I took a nap and then had a leisurely lunch. The 

next thing I’m going to do is pick up some scripts but both the CVS and Ray are going to be closed till two so I have to kill time. I found
out to the new balance store that my knickers

 oughta be ready by Friday according to the UPS tracking number it’s now 1:46 PM I got back to Mike by 2:30 PM hung out for a little bit in charge my phone. Next thing out at 3 o’clock motor and then I had to split so I just 
hung out the stairs until sign out time and then I signed out and went to the Capital One café for a little 
while and charged up my phone again, I didn’t got on a really packed 33 bus to go to Fairmount. It’s the first time I think I ever had to 

stand up on this bus now 4:51 PM. Well, I wandered up and down Fairmont Avenue trying to decide I was going to eat but
 I decided I wanted to wait to eat so I could

 lol eat when I get to the Dorchester. The reggae session was good and private lesson idea is for Thursday so we’ll take it from there.I’m now catching

 the 33 bus to 19th of market and then I’m gonna walk over and pick up Indian food. Yay!

 So I delivered the Indian food we had some Indian food. We then watched some classic candid camera which was really funny. Some of that stuff is actually very good even really old stuff from the 1950s and 60s. Anyhow, I hung out there for a while and then took the Uber back to my village.

No comments: