Monday, July 05, 2021

Sunday July 4th: ☕️1st Full Day at LBI w/ Family

Thanks  i! It’s the Fourth of July Independence Day in the USA. I woke up around

 8:30 AM because I hurt my brother John was up and I figured somethings going on. I got up had material at some coffee that was prepared and hung out 

 ith John. His son Alex woke up and we hung out for a while and talked etc. John and Alex Saturday wanted to to fishing off of C dock at the yacht club down the street. I was too tired from the bad sleep

 I had last night. I had no pillows so it was really hard to get a restful sleep. I 
took a nap had a little bit of soup or coffee and some ice tea. I then sorry I needed a 


 hower. At that point, John and Alex came back from fishing. John stopped his 

 toe pretty bad and he was fixing that. We then went to the beach 

 nd  Beach Haven  were the rest the family is staying. We can settle on the beach and 



 when this big cloud came over and he got very cool. Then started to rain. 

 eedless to say I did not go in the water. Then the rain actually started and everybody 

 started trucking out of the beach because it wasn’t that warm anyway

 and then it started to rain. Also the beach was very small and the tide was 

 ery high.  The surf was very rough. It was kind of thrilling looking but I 



 asn’t going in the water. I went with Alice and we decided we would to the Hanzi 

 epartment store and I was looking for things to Parkette. I followed 

 long and we talked a bit. We then both were hungry and we went to a place and 

 ot food. I got a tuna hoagie Nels had a tuna salad in a bowl. It was really 

 delicious. It really calms my nerves stomach. Alice and I are also talking  about going to beach yoga tomorrow morning. I’m gonna have to go to bed a lot 

 earlier than I have. I don’t have to go to the beach with them about David &Mike’s place. We ended up staying at Dave and Michael’s place for a while just relaxing watching some Saturday night 

 ideos watching a thunderstorm passing out and I kind of took 

  short nap. It was very relaxing I enjoyed that I needed to do that it was important 

 o me. It is now 6:53 PM we just arrived back at the place I’m staying at. I’m gonna take 

 change clothes and then we’re having a cookout/dinner on the porch. I think

 the awful weather has passed so it’s a glorious thing! Well John and Alex prepared a nice 

 inner of hamburgers vegan burgers and corn on the cob. We also had salads

 and some chips and salsa. John had some 80s music on like it was MTV in 1984 through 86. There 

 as one German band that was really really cheesy and funny at the same time. 

 he band name is called modern talking. And they were in extreme of the 

 izarre in 1980s style bizarre. It was quite unbelievable. I got the link to it and 

  shared it with the family. David used Spotify or mobile one of the apps that

 identifies music by the sound. And that’s how we figured it out we looked

 it up on Wikipedia and I found it. Anyhow, afterwords we decided to go to 

 he custard hut. There was a line to get in there and they only had three employees working there.
We did enjoy the cones after we waited in line for about 20 minutes. I 
got my large cone for seven dollars. After we got our cones we then got back in the car and went towards the place that Dave,Michael & Alice are staying. 

 lice and I took a walk on the beach and walked around little bit. The beach was very dark because there are no houses above the dunes. We did see some homemade 

 ireworks. We then walked back to the house. They played a little bit of cards and Uno. I wasn’t really in the mood to play so I just hung out and download more of my photographs. I 
 as getting lots of text messages and what not. I posted a couple of Facebook photos. The other folks at work playing cards went to the bay to  watch the  fireworks. 
They eventually came back and we all hung out for a little while. John Alex and I left back to her place. We thought it would be a 15 minute drive. It was closer 

 o an hour drive getting back. It’s even near the bay Village shopping Center was completely backed up the cars were not moving. We then stopped and parked and waited 
 for the traffic to calm down. It eventually calmed down. I then talked on the phone for about 20 minutes while John and Alexan in  the car biting their time. Rental we did get home.   Now 
11:40 PM and I have to make another phone call before I can go to bed. I’m glad I took a shower in the afternoon. Otherwise I’d be probably pretty sweaty. Tomorrow’s my last full 

day they’re here and then Pats to pick me up Tuesday morning at 10 o’clock.  I have to talk to him to confirm this arrangement. The Long Beach Island bus does not run back to Philadelphia during the normal weekdays when they’re not holidays

No comments: