Sunday, October 08, 2023

Sunday, October 8: Elk County & Kinzuua Bridge in the Rain🦫

I wholeheartedly woke up at 7:30 AM and we met Janet after we checked

 out at the hotel. I’d like tonight before I slept very well. I had a feeling 

Janet was gonna be right on time and she was. We had coffee and 

left. We drove off towards the Elk County Tourist Center in the on again off again rain. It really 

is something. The drive was very scenic and lush. The clouds were 

gathering, and it was raining often on throughout the day, and it started as we 

drove for a little over an hour. we had it towards the elk county visitor center

. We’re hopefully we’ll get to see elk. Oh we got there and it was pretty damn crowded

 all kinds of local Yoko folks there with their camouflage or fake camouflage

 in their little babies were there to experience it. It rained often on they really did this

 visitor center Wright it was very detailed very updated and gave 

a story of how elk were completely wiped out in 1867. They had to import elk from Yellowstone National Park. I don’t even know if the national park

 then, but I got to guess it was , anyhow they had to restore the elk and the tree 60% of the 

trees were wiped out during clear cutting. That’s when wood was 

the main source of energy. Would then turn didn’t do cold which had its own problems with oil so we keep blowing out the sources of energy that we 

use. A.k.a. global warming, etc.. They had a they had a wide array of souvenir items to take, but I declined because the prices were a bit steep. 

After we did that, we went searching for a restaurant eat breakfast. We ended up at this place at St. Mary’s PA, which was 

very strange. They had decent pancakes. I bought a stack of four pancakes, and

 it was quite the amount of pancakes for sure. Kerry didn’t like

 her tea at all everyone else liked it well enough and we got the relax and talk and warm up from the dampness

 in the windy rain, etc. anyhow, after that breakfast, we headed towards the Kinzuua Bridge. 

The drive there was very scenic. We had moments of drizzly rain to 

spots of beautiful sunshine. It looked really good along the roadway, and I 



did a lot of videos of that situation because I rarely get up this way in 

Pennsylvania.
 I don’t think I’ve ever been to elk County before, I didn’t know Kerry

 I wouldn’t have seen this scenery. , if I didn’t know Carey, I wouldn’t have seen this scenery. As I mentioned yesterday’s blog
posting, it’s about a 3 Hour Dr. from Buffalo to this area. When we 

got to the damn, the weather had turned for the worse, and and we saw the bridge that had been torn down due to the tornado in 2003. It was quite a 

spectacular site, but the wind was blowing our umbrellas around and we really 

couldn’t stay out there very long. I was actually worried that

 I might drop my phone or get my phone blown out of my hands and fall hundreds

 of feet below it’s pretty high up I would say someone in the area 
1000 feet or more. We left the area, and Kerry‘S Great Niece joined us in the car, and we drove towards her place, located in black blank. Anyhow, my battery started dying out and I could quite get it charged in Carey’s car so I didn’t really take much in the way of photographs on the way to blah blah.we dropped her off and then headed down to drop off Jammie and then we headed home and got back to her place at 7 PM. We had some Stouffer’s for dinner and relax for a while. 

No comments: