Monday, October 09, 2023

Monday, October 9: Trip to Ellicottville and Griffis Sculpture Park

Well, since I can’t save my blog postings to off-line mode anymore, it got

 erased so I have to start all over again. Today I woke up and it was a very slow getting up process. I had Coffee and delicious steel cut oatmeal 

with pecans and raisins. What was that a Hardy breakfast. Kerry & I Watch the news about Hamas in invading 
Israel and 
Republicans, blaming it on Biden, because he unfroze some assets 

from a Ron for releasing American hostages. The two local broadcasters 

looked really pain and overly made up. I looked up the salaries

 they don’t make all that much, not like people like Hannity or Chris Wallace. Anyway, 

we left here around 2:30 PM and headed out to Ellicotville 

which is a cute little ski town about an hour away from Buffalo. It’s got cute little 

shops, etc. for Taurus. that was nice we walked around and then we  

went to the pumpkin place and it was closed but we got some good scenic vistas. Last 

thing we did if you went to sculpture garden, which is really 

really cool. We walked around and saw the sculpture gardens and I took a bunch of 

video and pictures of it. It was hard to find it’s in the middle 

of the  woods in the middle of nowhere! There are a couple houses there is a nice place to visit, but I certainly

wouldn’t wanna live out in the sticks. It’s Carey said I wouldn’t wanna live somewhere where nobody could hear me scream. I thought that 

was a good remark. We stopped at a  gas station and I got some 

Triscuits and they were good because I was kind of hungry. I wanted to snack 



keep myself going till dinner. I believe we’re gonna be having 

beef on whack which is a buffalo thing. Hopefully it’ll be half decent. I’m a little 

hesitant, but got to try something new right. It’s now almost 8 PM 

 and I was busy editing pictures on the way back. The rain really started to come down

 hard and a big old fat Wei I mean I couldn’t believe how hard the rain 

was falling while Carey was driving. We then stopped at Wegmans and picked

 up some stuff and then and then just got back. Melly had my first

 beef on wig sandwich. It was pretty good actually it’s basically a roast beef sandwich and then you dip it in the dipping sauce and it makes it very moist. I’d rather 

have chicken wings but this wasn’t bad. It’s a very buffalo thing to have a beef on Wick. 

It’s extremely  Native buffalo delicacy so to speak. The rest of the time

 I veg out with those guys and watched rerun of Fraser, which was interesting 

because that show is pretty well dated. If the 90s could be dated 

that would be it. that was nice day to do very little and it was fun to go to this 

park. Tomorrow. I think it’s gonna be a very quiet day maybe go to 

a coffee shop because it’s supposed to even be more rainy and harder

 rain to fall the lake affect rain that the Buffalo is having a disc current

 time. then Wednesday morning, I get up at the crack of dawn and fly out at 6 AM. Well, geez, I totally forgot about on the way back home we saw an abandoned dog in the middle of the street. We pulled over and it kept running away from us and almost got hit. Several times did fortunately eventually ran to the woods. A policeman stopped by, and he was going to check on it. And another driver slowed down as well. That’s very kind of them. Dog looked Lost. It was some kind of hound dog. And neither somebody threw it out of the car or the dog ran away. I’m not sure what happened.

No comments: