Monday, May 22, 2017

(Backup) Sunday, May 21: leaving Manitoulin Island. Heading to Sudbury

 Well I slept a little bit better than I did the previous night but not that great.  It was a little chilly I had to sleep with my shoes on and that seemed to help. I got up was able to take  a shower since someone had towels the offer and ate   ome breakfast. As I left the cabin, I noticed that it was raining pretty steadily  outside. I went  with John and the gang to the conference center and there's one last meeting. There's    spiritual meeting. They had blueberry and cinnamon muffins with her very very good.  Switch some of the coffee since I had a real milk not that powdered crap. We all said our  goodbyes at the conference center. That was very nice. A lot of folks were waiting for their friend pick them up.   I get to take some pictures of folks. Good to take pictures of the folks at the end everybody's   illing to have their pictures taken. After that Kathy and I   ent cruising down towards Sault Ste. Marie. Along the way she showed me some very   nteresting sites. One of them was called the shoots which is a cool waterfall   near the town of Massey. The next was a memorial for the children held at   hese schools. They were basically Indian reeducation schools were children   ere maltreated for years until the late 70s early 80s. After that   e stopped over at the restaurant and ordered food. I would've my chicken   sandwich and these tiny fries that they sell. The fries are really tasty. The only problem is I left that   andwich in the car so I'm pretty hungry about now. Well, we arrived   n Sault Ste. Marie approximately 5:00 PM. She was my softball from the couch to crash on and to get my shoes   ried up in the dryer. They were mostly dry when I finished my nap. I napped for about an hour and 20 minutes it  was very much needed it's going to be a long ride back to Philly. I arrive in Philly   t 5:30 AM Tuesday morning. It's now 10:37 PM we are arriving in Espanola Ontario. This   s the closest big town to Manitoulin Island. I'm doubling back apparently. Learnt been texting to   eople and updating my Facebook photos to reflect the trip. There's really not much to take pictures of in the dark rain along the strip.   his bus is just about full. A few people just came on the bus @ Espanola. It rained the   ntire time between Espanola and Sudbury. I was  feeling OK but a little  wiped out. I'm hoping I can sleep   overnight while getting to Ottawa

No comments: