Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Monday, May 22: Sudbury to Ottawa, Montreal, then Albany

 Well as the new day started around midnight at Sudbury.   e were loadaed on the bus a half hour early. The woman was very enthusiastic about her   uty of getting everybody loaded on the bus from the rear of the   us terminal. This is the 1st time I've experienced that. I've been to Sudberry before.  This is my 3rd time and never had this before. Yes, it was cool, damp, and spitting rain at  Sudbury and we launched off towards Ottawa. We have two short rest stops on the way. I arrived at Canada's capital city  at 7:00 AM.The  next bus I catch leaves at 9 AM. I have about   n hour and a half wait. I had a chocolate chip muffin and some coffee. I now     feel little bit human. Well we first stopped at some nondescript   mall town outside of Montreal. Next up we pulled over at the airport. 4 women or on an women's trip to I   hink China. The traveled with no men around. It's 11:01 AM I supposed be in Montreal in about a half hour. I will   e in Montreal until  5 o'clock. This trip is definitely   onger. I believe at least 6 hours longer than the trip to Sault Ste. Marie. Where arrived   t Montreal and the first thing I did was check with a woman at the counter to make sure that my time is   egit.  Since it was so far away (5pm) it didn't show up on me electronic   illboard. After I got that confirmed I went to look to see if that storage locker so I can walk around   own without caring all my crap around. I asked a nice man who work for the   reyhound and he was very nice and pointed that out. He also helped me with   he token which I put in the wrong way and it got jammed. He quickly unlocked it taught  me and I was on my way. I don't think they have them anymore in United States  and I don't live. But I'm very thankful he had it here otherwise I   ould be able to tour Montreal. Speaking of Montreal I asked somebody was a good area  to go to and the gentleman said to go to the McGill stop on the green line. So I   id that and it was good. $6.00 round-trip and I got a little temporary  card to get me back-and-forth. So first thing I did was look for place to buy an umbrella. There's  nothing in sight so I wanted to this inner city mall. It was very nice. Most   of the stores  seem to be high-end and then I saw Old Navy. I figured they might have an   mbrella. Thankfully they did. The umbrella is full of cute little pastel colored   lowers but I don't give a hoot! I was not going to get soaked.  I asked where I could get a decent massage. was told it was   lose by but since it's Victoria holiday they're not open. I was hoping to get some McGill University swag but I couldn't because    the bookstore is closed. I made a nice young Asian woman at the Old Navy   nd I ran into her three other times when I was walking around town. She is   taying at a hostel. I then ventured forth towards the area near campus. The housing looks pretty nice  on the most part some of the places are beautiful. I took some photographs of the different pieces   f architecture. While I was doing that I noticed there was a Middle Eastern/ Lebanese place . Name of the place is Basha. The food is reasonably priced and it would besomething nutritious     before I jump on the bus for 12 more hours. Well I checked into a massage place it  was right around the corner from a coffee place which was a block from   he bus so I decided to do it. They have an opening at 3:15. That's a little tight because I've  got to get back to the bus by five but I side to go for me but I'll get urelaxed and help me   leep later on tonight. The place called Java you café. And I had a delicious decaf americano  . Will have my 315 massage and that went pretty well. She was very   rofessional it was what like imagine the spa massage to be like I'm very thirsty but I thought  it best to stay in the line. It took us forever to get to the passport line and then   et into the bus. Want to go out in the bus it was smooth sailing until   e got to customs and they kept us. But the schedule to say that the bus departs   t 6:55 that's why we're just sitting here. I wasn't asked about any prior convictions so maybe just maybe  I can be a normal human being with my   assport. This moment, I feel as good as I felt since my first day in Sault Ste. Marie. Tonight's in a  row is too cold to sleep and it caught up to me but us last night and that massage  I'm almost back to normal. My throat still little funky but overall i am OK The bus driver   ecided not to leave until 7:22 PM so we're officially running late. But it doesn't   atter because    have a 2 1/2 hour layover in New York anyhow. Well the trip went pretty smoothly but it seem to  take forever. The sunset was very nice and I got some pretty good pictures of it.    actually saw blue skies if you can believe that. Well I found out what would've  happened if I didn't turn off my phone. I had a proximally 70 messages from SEPTA. Six of them at the   ink through so it was actually 77 messages. I have proof in one of my photos above. I was able to communicate my friends once I cross the border. We did finally arrive in Albany and are now finally going straight to New York for three hour trip. That is how the day will end leaving Albany.

No comments: