Monday, April 29, 2024

Sunday, April 28: Visit to Haarlem and Teylers Museum

I slept in and Bob and I hung out drink coffee and then we went to Haarlem

 via the train from Central Station. We were going to go to the windmill 

museum, but it was sold out so we went to the tailors museum instead, which is right next to it, this museum had a little bit of it. It had

 prehistoric bones. You know some really weird looking creatures that roamed 
the Earth 65 million years ago this place is the oldest museum in Amsterdam and that’s saying something since this is old. It is
 at least 400 years old.  Anyhow, the rest of the museum was 17th and 18th century art then they had scientific wonders of the 19th century which were really interesting including

 a static electricity machine which was real big and it is literally real big, until battery power was invented. This thing was invented the early 1800s. I believe I don’t

 have a picture of it. I was a little hesitant about taking pictures in the 

place but towards the end I figured I’d get some pictures and I saw other people

 with iPhone so I figured I would safe.  as we walked around it rain a 

little bit. It was really strange Justice justice position seeing 400 year old buildings

 and they had this kitty playground with a Ferris wheel and 

you know rides and really cheesy music. It was quite strange. The way back we left and

 on the way back Bob went shopping at the  Han supermarket

 I hope to get went to the supermarket bought stuff and then we had dinner had pork and pasta with applesauce. Yeah I’ve eaten more meat protein this 
week that I have in the last 2 years combined I swear to God, but it taste good and Bob knows how to cook. Lisa is coming back sometime tomorrow night , Bob helped me schedule 

spa day for 11:15 AM. I believe it’s about €50 and no cell phone 

at all while you’re in there because I’m gonna be naked just with a towel

 and  a bathrobe. Meanwhile, Mary’s having a great time in San Diego

 with her friend Kim they watched the Phillies beat the Padres. They 

actually swept the Padres this past weekend. Actually, gonna go visit my sister from June 5 to June 11. On June 1 I 
have a choir concert choir practice is tomorrow and I’m not gonna be able to make that practice obviously one of these practices I do have to zoom assuming I can actually zoom this line without my regular cell phone service.

No comments: