Tuesday, October 30, 2012

REM: Songs for This Moment

 REM- Feeling Gravity's Pull


I decided that after the waiting watching, reading and writing about Hurricane Sandy on this blog 3 times I was tired. I noticed that Sandy (aka:FRANKENSTORM) was not quite all that it was hyped here in West Philadelphia, I decided that the song Its The End of the World As We Know it was a good song to put on Facebook. I then put it up on my Facebook page.

I just wanted to find some oddball non-hits from REM after that. I found 2 that fit the bill and who's lyrics fit the theme for the last 48 hours.

I like this song Feeling Gravity's Pull. Its got a cool tune and somehow the lyrics fit the times.
It's a Man Ray kind of sky
Let me show you what I can do with it
Step up, step up, step up the sky is open-armed
When the light is mine, I felt gravity pull onto my eyes,


. REM- Oddfellows Local 151



One of my favorate REM songs since it heavy and so strange kind of like this weather we are having in the last 12-24 hours. Some of this is just hard to understand. One is why is there such a calm at 12:12 AM today October 30? I am sure the storm is still upon us since it has a band of gale force winds 400 miles wide.
I had heard the storm was to remain dangerous till today after 11am or so. Why do you think the Commonwealth closed my office for 2 days.
Well, enjoy this song and enjoy the comments on the YouTube page as well.


truly one of my favorite R.E.M. songs, and without a doubt my favorite album by them. i thought that document was their "opus", while they would have a hit songs on other albums, there truly is not a bad track on this album. i thought this album captured what R.E.M. originally saw as their musical path, and i think every album since they have been stumbling to find it again.
jjam002 1 week ago

My bro still has Document on a record. I love this song. 
lululover333 3 weeks ago 
It's my personal favourite.
Pee Wee - Firehouse
Pee Wee - Playhouse
Coincidence?
Methinx not.
On October 3, 1982, Honda brought drag-strip maestro Jay "Pee-Wee" Gleason and a standard V65 to Southern California's Orange County International Raceway to find out. Gleason's 10.92 — second 1/4-mile sprint made the V65 America's fastest production street machine, inspiring ads with one powerfully simple headline:
Bad News Travels Fast.
And the band played on.
th0rH 4 months ago
Haunting. Riveting. Another REM gem.
ldolphin34 6 months ago

Its late now time to go to bed

No comments: