Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Cold Day



It was a cold old day in 2010. I read that Vineland admitted that they messed up in the snow removal during last month's blizzard. The Mayor Ramano gave some excuses such as old equipment and starting late AFTER 2 inches were already on the ground. Anyway here is what it cost Vineland.
A report detailing the expenses Vineland incurred during cleanup from the snowstorm Dec. 19 includes the following.
- 500 tons of salt: $33,600

- Equipment, including plow blades and spreader motors: $9,000

- 900 total hours of overtime: $50,704.84

I have to wonder how much it cost Millville to take care of the snow. I think I might email and ask.
Tonite's City Commission meeting ought to be an interesting one. Folks have been asked to support the racetrack in face of a lawsuit that will only do one thing, raise my taxes so others will have the satisfaction of getting money from the city of Millville and have the track close. Umm..if that happens, hell, my taxes will skyrocket amonst other bad s**t.

I worked hard yesterday on the caseload after freezing my butt waiting for the bus for 3 minutes. I of couse saw dumb signs on the subway. One had some women with a condition called PCOS. It keeps you from being pregnant I suppose. The subway (SEPTA) sure has a way with its advertising. UNIV of PENN can help you get pregnant.
Well, its time to hit the welfare wakka.

No comments: