Wednesday, January 06, 2010

City Comission Meeting Jan 5th

Well, I worked hard again today. Today was the Millville City Commission meeting. I missed most of the meeting but friends of mind gave me the info. Most of the meeting concerned the NJ Motorsports Park. I want to note that the room was jammed to the walls with Motocross track supporters!! Of all the folks there only 2 stood up against the racetrack. New Jersey Motorsports Park submitted correspondence to the city on plans for its new motocross and all-terrain vehicle park called "Field of Dreams." in land closer to the residents. NJMP's original development plan called for the motocross tracks to be part of a second phase of development across the street from the existing facility which is owned by the city. I hear it will be a smaller version then the original plan. Sources tell me that TrackRacket has a local supporter with deep pockets. This is why they can afford a Philly Lawyer. This person is one of the most wealthy people in Millville. One more comment about the TrackRacket Lawsuit, I would get money since I live within 3 miles of the track. Is that whack or what?? City Hall was packed!! On another topic, the city spent $74,000 for removing the snow The snow removal monies were paid from a fund the city had for such an emergency. No tax increase will be needed. If there is another big storm, it will have to be applied to next year's budget. The city gave final approval of the redevelopment of Millville Gardens as well.


No comments: