Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Tuesday April 5: a day in Toronto and Back 2 Buffalo


8:30 AM and COLD!
Good day everyone. It was a very very frigid morning when I first started getting up. It was 23° the 2nd time I woke up. What I mean by that is that
It's April!!!
I had to get up to separate time to move my car
Downtown
from one parking spot to another. I first moved it from the lot by 5:45 AM I had to move the car from
Street Scene
the lot by 6 AM or face a doubling of my parking fee. So I move the car to off street parking near the hospital.
Church Near Hostel
The only problem was I had to make sure it was legal to park there. I did find that out and I had to move
My Hostel Roommate
the car by 8 AM. I had to get Abby get up from my nap and move the car to a parking spot I found a
lot that was cheaper than the other lot nearby. The man at the hospital told me about it. It was at a holiday
Villanova Wins National Championship on THIS Shot
in express. That was on Lombard Street. Getting in before 9 gave me a full day use for a total of $12.00.  I again
Another Angle of Winning Shot
went back to sleep because I was really tired. I did not get up till 10:30 AM permanently. I went to the
Helpers on the Street
coffee shop I went to last time but the coffee was bad this time. So I found another place and the
Hockey Hall of Fame
coffee was much better. Next stop was the hockey Hall of Fame.
Hockey Hall of Fame
There was pretty cool. The only disappointing part is that the room not enough videos of great
Offical Label of the Hall of Fame
hockey games. You had to use that symbol thing to see a video. I don't really know how to do that. It
Add caption
mostly featured Canadian players and even had a few Women inductees in the Hall of Fame. I did see
Only God Saves More Then..
Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Bill Barber and Keith Allen as inductees in the Hall of Fame. That was pretty
Bill Barber
cool. They featured a whole display about the 1972 team Canada versus Soviet serious. But even have a plaque for it. They consider that most meaningful hockey game in Canadian history. I declined to pay $10 with me standing next to the Stanley Cup but I did take a

1972 Team Canada vs Russians
selfie with me and the Stanley Cup in the
At Hockey Hall of Fame
background. I made that my profile picture on Facebook. Next I went to the CN Tower. It's like the space needle but taller. It's a total
Gift Store
Tourist 'O Rama but I have to go up because it's so high. It was a really clear crispy cold day that's
for sure. I paid an extra 12 bucks to go even higher up. It was
They Like the Queen
pretty cool and I took a lot of pictures that's for sure. After a while I got myself really exhausted. Since it was going on 3 PM I knew it was time to get the
The Stanley Cup and I
hell out. I didn't have time to go to the art museum. I'll have to get that next time around. Well, I had a devil
Add caption
of a time trying to find the Holiday Inn express. It was probably because I was still thinking that I was
Toronto's CN Tower
still at the hostel the cross streets of church and King. It was hard to get straight directions
Art in an Elevator
from people and my Google maps were working even go ahead AT&T put me on a $30 international plan
View from CN Tower
temporarily while was in Canada for about 24 hours. After wondering around for 25 minutes I did manage to find the
holiday in express and pulled out of there with no incident. By this time it was 3:15 PM and rush-hour was was beginning to build. I easily
Description of the Tower
found the highway that I was looking for. It was easy to find because I
At the CN Tower
saw people flooding into the highway when I was attempting to find my
Add caption
parking garage. I didn't join the throng on the highway and then first battle the traffic. It went was really
Favorate Place to Eat
bad all the way from Toronto to Hamilton Ontario. We had 4 lanes of traffic but it was still jammed.
Cool Street
It move but we had a few stops along the way. I then was running out of gas so I had to bail out in
Home of the Cheapest Lot
Burlington Ontario and find a gas station. I got one of those large one leader cans of Lipton. I swear
Close to the Peace Bridge
it was the funky and tasty ice tea that's for sure. I was going to line up a real massage but I just didn't
Almost Back
have time. I then cross the peace Bridge with very little incident. Again I did not stop where I'm supposed
to stop but the guy wasn't hostile like the other times I went. I took interstate 190 S. to 90 and got off at
I Got Though OK
the Tuaca exit. I feel pumps 20 bucks worth of gas to save me from getting charged $21 a gallon
Funny Name
if I didn't fill it up. I asked directions how to get to Genesee Street. The funny thing was it was going up to
The Rental Makes it to Buffalo
Union Avenue to cheek to walk up. The same as part of my 5 mile walk I took a couple nights ago. I
Time to Chill
actually recognize some stuff. I thing called AT&T when I got home and lie down. AT&T said I
Outside Kerry's Place
was going to be charged the full $30 for the monthly rate even though I asked him when I got the plan that
Dropping off the Car
I ordered. I also found out why the data/Internet wasn't working when I'm outside of a Wi-Fi
At Buffalo Niagra Airport
 hotspot. It was because I couldn't turn off roaming. Nobody told me that either. Another thing, they
My World THIS Week
told me that if I didn't take the plan, I'll be in charge $.50 a text so I'll probably sleep a little bit of funny anyhow. Oh
A Pose
well what can you d to get you one way or another! While I was writing this inside the airport, Carrie
Watching TV
airport twice. She did pick me up and was a good sport about it. We then came back to her place and
Applesause and Blogging
basically and mellowing out. I talked to Amy for a while the rest of carries curry chicken. I also ate almost the rest of my applesauce and worked on this blog. I did of course take some more pictures. I have a 12:35 AM bus to catch the time now to doublecheck all my stuff. I hope to be able

No comments: