Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Etc

The office taken on Thanksgiving
Taken today around 10pm
This year we just stayed at home and slowly worked on some household projects. Oh, of course, I walked the dogs and hit the Shoprite which was the only store open in the mall today. My Mother was at my brother's house in Maryland and I guess my other brother living close by went to Boston or someplace kinda far as is the custom. I did some work in the office which was where we had our dressing room and a roomate for a spell.
Its been hectic since my trip from Oakland and Berkley California. Work was buzy of course and I had an active pet sitting schedule this past week. The 2 days I took on the Route 408 were eventful as you have all seen in my previous post. I was so tired after getting up so early for Monday and Tuesday. This short video shows just a portion. I noticed they are renovating Clark Park and Sams at 45th Street between Osage and Pine is not called Sams. There is a park at 48th and Chester called  Squirrel Hill Falls. It's pretty but gated up and seemly NEVER open to the public. It has some impressive funders but what is it there for?
Its better then an abandoned lot so it does serve that purpose. Its had a long history since about 1985 when it was first proposed to be built. The Philadelphia City Paper has a good article on it dating from June of 1996. You can see the list of contributors to this park on the 48th Street side.
An Interesting event will be taking place on Weds December 8th at the Varga Bar on Spruce Street is having a Calender Release Party. Should be interesting if I have the time and $$ to have a $6 beer. Check out the announcement. Its pretty flashy for sure.
I turned on the TV and saw the Cowboys about to win against the Saints but Roy Williams fumbled the ball and the Saints beat the Cowboys 30-27. The Cowboys Kicker just missed a 59 yard field goal which would have tied the game.
Hope to attend the Millville Thanksgiving Parade this year, but I am not sure how the family schedule will work out. We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow on Friday. Well got to sleep tonite. Bye.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: