Monday, November 29, 2010

Saturday and Sunday the 27th and 28th

A Topiary at Ashley's Furniture. 
Yesterday, was a day to take care of business and that is what we did. On Saturday we did some shopping for us and for the X-Mas holiday and we spent most of the shopping at Boscov's in Vineland. I did see a person who bar tends  at the Oar House with her beau other then that I did not see anyone else I recognized. We got lucky when an elderly woman gave us this little shopping cart since she was finished her shopping. Man, it was good to have that to use. I did not have to carry stuff around.
I think its for the disabled and elderly only. I did not see anyone else with one. Boscovs ought to have more of those carts around, might make it less of a drag to shop. We hit Ashley Furniture and almost bought a topiary. Its was a funky looking plant that did not look real.
Sending it back :)
Well, after all that we had some leftovers and watched Marlon Brando in Last Tango in Paris. It was made in 1972 and I can see why it was a much talked about film. It was definitely a deep European film for sure with the soft sensual lighting and graphic words to match. It also had the slow pace that I have noticed in the foreign films I have watched when some of my friends were into Euro culture and such. I have to watch it again soon since I am sure I missed some of the plot development.
As I mentioned early in this posting, I stayed inside most of the day to take care of business that was not completed previously. I think we go 95% completed and it was a bit of a grind I would have to say.
Chillin at Bogarts Sunday.
 After  we were completed, we decided to stop at Bogart's Books in Millville which is right around the corner from our house. There we saw Steve Testa and his brother John  play along with Jody Janetta on drums. It was jazz fusion funk to me. They sounded good to me. We caught the end of the performance. The video below is just a sample of the sound. Some of the compositions are long and you can listen to a more complete version of how they sound on my YouTube page right now if you want to. Its over 9 minutes long so it just came below the YouTube 10 minute limit.
Well, it getting close to 5:30 am and today I am catching the 408 Bus but I am driving tomorrow so I can get back to Millville by 5:30 and not have to depend on the NJ Transit Route 408 to get me to an appointment in Vineland on time like I did LAST week.  I plan to write up carfare for the day and not answer the phone so much. December is ONLY 2 days away!!
I think I am going to save up for an IPad. Its really cool and portable, my sister swears on them. The only disadvantage is no MS Word can be added AND Apple is really hard-core and difficult if the product is broken and for 600 bucks that is pretty scary when one is a bit of a klutz like yours truly. At the rate I save $$ it will be at LEAST 6 months man.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: