Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Days of August 2010

Taken Today on Market Street

Got to Love Bootsie Plaza,  Glassboro
Just leaving Staples, Sunday
Its the last week of August 2010 and I decided to capture(again) the mundane events and place I go to each day going to and leaving work. Its a pretty hot week out thus far. Not as bad as July hot but pretty warm that is for sure. I am working at a dizzying pace and have on again off again dizziness but its not too bad. On Sunday I went to Staples to have them clean up the unwanted programs at start up and to install Norton 360 which is the latest all-in-one anti-virus product they tell me. I just got it back today Tues August 31st. It does seem to start better and faster but some items still come up slow. I started my week taking the Route 408 as per usual. Got a photo of Bootsie Plaza. Say did George Clinton put up stakes in Glassboro New Jersey??  Each day the Route 408 passes the old Pittman Hotel.
The Old Pittman Hotel
It must have been a beauty back in the day but those days are long gone. She was a rooming house most recently but I hear they plan to tear it down.   You will see 3 large dirt mounds to left of the hotel. Maybe they are going to bury "Mother" who seemed to live on the top floor. That the only light I would see turned on when thhe bus pass the hotel by. Yup it was a product of bygone era. It must have been very pretty.
Well, I do take the Market-Frankford El and its pretty quick.This video video shows some pretty goofy folks riding on the pm commute on Monday. Today, I was in a dizzy mood and decided to videotape cars and tractors coming at me. Check this out its pretty cool.
Well, Its Midnight and I really should get myself to sleep after I clean up the dishes I made when I cooked some pasta tonite

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: