Friday, October 15, 2010

3rd Friday

Don't you know it, its 3rd Friday. Its a cool October day.I drove in to work today to work and work was ok. I got stuff done and I now have someone sitting to the left of me since the princess moved on. I felt much better then yesterday. Thinking of going out West to see my brother but want to see the afford ability of it before I commit and stuff.While at friend's house in West Philly, I started to feel depressed but hearing some good road songs on WXPN my spirits picked up. I went down High Street for a bit and met
l friends at Oar House and one of them has the cold chisel I need for my Monday job removing tile. I have the hammer already.
I read in today's Philly Inquirer that officials are optimistic about an 18 mile commuter line to Glassboro. It has faced setbacks due to the economy.
South Jersey officials remain optimistic that a proposed $1.5 billion, 18-mile commuter rail line between Glassboro and Camden will survive recent setbacks.
"We'll find a way. This has to get done," said State Senate President Stephen Sweeney (D., Gloucester), a longtime supporter of the project, which would bring jobs and dollars to his districtand relieve congestion on local highways.

"I'm still optimistic that it's going to go forward. . . . It's just going to take more time to get it accomplished," said Woodbury Mayor Robert Curtis, who hosted a grand unveiling of the project by then-Gov. Jon S. Corzine 17 months ago at his town's 1883 train station.
Momentum for the project has slowed in recent months, stalled by financial and operational issues.
Environmental-impact studies have stopped because the Delaware River Port Authority must put the work out for bids. Last year, the DRPA awarded a no-bid $9 million contract for the work, but Gov. Christie has ordered the agency to cancel that contract and solicit bids. The DRPA will issue a request for bids by Friday, spokeswoman Danelle Hunter said Thursday.
NJ Transit, short of money, told DRPA it cannot honor its promise to pay for the environmental studies. It said it would reimburse DRPA "when the funds become available."
Man I will be old gray and shabby by the time its built and that is too bad. We must prevent more sprawl from taking over South Jersey like what has happened to Cherry Hill  Deptford.and Washington Township. Its all cars all the time. Here is a video of Rt 55 with a Friday afternoon traffic jam. I think a prison bus was driving real slow and caused the problem. Imagine how bad it will be in 10 years if there is NO train to ease the congestion? It will not be a pretty sight.
I was cooking pasta with Lentels and veggies and some scramblers. The pasta was a bit overwhelmed.The pasta
is the wheat-free stuff that overcooks real quickly I picked out some random articles from a list that came up. One of them ought to be of interest to someone.Now its time is to sleep.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Kat_a said...

I only hope my spot to the left of you is pleasant. And I earn a cool nickname like princess.